Nas mock post combine

Nastradamus

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Talk about a really, really bad draft class.  Hock might be the top ranked TE, but that's a non-premium position.  The last time the Packers chose a non-premium position in the first round was when they took HHCD in the first round.  Before that, you have to go back to when the Packers took AJ Hawk.  They almost certainly are going to pick a premium position (DL, EDGE, CB) in the first round.  Based on the way the board shook out, Ed Oliver would almost certainly be the pick here.  Outside chance they take Jonah Williams here depending on how they evaluate him.  Blake Cashman isn't a first round prospect, and he's going to get swallowed up when he's asked to take on blockers.  Not to mention, they took Oren Burks last year and still have Blake Martinez.  Plus, their "second" ILB is usually more of a S/LB hybrid which is being utilized by Josh Jones.  I'd probably pick Courtney Gardner-Johnson here.

I'd lose my **** tbh. 

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Talk about a really, really bad draft class.  Hock might be the top ranked TE, but that's a non-premium position.  The last time the Packers chose a non-premium position in the first round was when they took HHCD in the first round.  Before that, you have to go back to when the Packers took AJ Hawk.  They almost certainly are going to pick a premium position (DL, EDGE, CB) in the first round.  Based on the way the board shook out, Ed Oliver would almost certainly be the pick here.  Outside chance they take Jonah Williams here depending on how they evaluate him.  Blake Cashman isn't a first round prospect, and he's going to get swallowed up when he's asked to take on blockers.  Not to mention, they took Oren Burks last year and still have Blake Martinez.  Plus, their "second" ILB is usually more of a S/LB hybrid which is being utilized by Josh Jones.  I'd probably pick Courtney Gardner-Johnson here.

Its fair. I have a hard time picking for GB. They dont' have many true needs. Is Jackson not being groomed for that nickel role CGJ would play?

21 hours ago, Moose85 said:

J.J. Arciega-Whiteside is not a 1st round talent. Ravens wouldn't pass on building the O-line if Ford, Bradbury are still available. I'd take Harry, Campbell, Butler for WR before JJ.

I have JJ and Harry pretty close. JJ is elite at what he does well IMO and the Ravens could really use that element. Much buzz they want a first round WR. Harry may make more sense idk

On 3/21/2019 at 10:48 AM, Nastradamus said:

Its fair. I have a hard time picking for GB. They dont' have many true needs. Is Jackson not being groomed for that nickel role CGJ would play?

No offense but seeing you don't believe we have many true needs might be why your mock ended up like this for the Pack.  :/  We did address some of our needs in FA but not all.

56 minutes ago, Pugger said:

No offense but seeing you don't believe we have many true needs might be why your mock ended up like this for the Pack.  :/  We did address some of our needs in FA but not all.

I mean, you have your QB, RB is pretty set, OL is set at 4/5 spots at worse. You have a receiving TE, a #1 WR and at worst a #3 WR. 2/3 starting DL covered, one off ball LB, both edges, both corners and a first round pick from last year at CB 3, a top ten safety and a fun box safety type in Jones. So worst case you need maybe a young G, a #3 safety, a starting DL, WR 2 and maybe in line TE. 5 needs, none high value positions, and you have two first rounders. 

On 2019-03-22 at 10:11 AM, Nastradamus said:

I have JJ and Harry pretty close. JJ is elite at what he does well IMO and the Ravens could really use that element. Much buzz they want a first round WR. Harry may make more sense idk

JJ doesn't have great separation after the catch. He's good at boxing out the CB. The Ravens need a tough wr that can bully, block and gain yards after the play. I see Harry in the Bolden mold and he has a great catching radius. All things that will help out Lamar far more.

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

Dalton Risner, 

WR easy to get in the 2nd rd. OL a reach after the 1st. 

Patriots history is to have capable WRs, they rarely have a Super Star or need one.

But they also once gave a first round pick for Brandin Cooks and they went hard for Cook and Humphries in FA this offseason and missed. THis team needs weapons, and ideally one that can help make up for an older QBs arm strength. 

Archived