Bob Quin Is Really Good At 3rd Rd Draft Picks

Just Want A Title

I was thinking about the fact that over the last three years Bob Quin has brought in Graham Glasgow, Kenny Golladay and Tracy Walker in the third round of the draft.  This is a pretty deep draft at TE, WR and DE.  Good RBs almost always fall to Round 3 or Round 4.  There will probably be a good interior lineman available in Round 3 also.  

We could take a TE, G or RB.  WR could be in the mix.  My picks:  TE's Foster Moreau, Josh Oliver or Kahale Warring.  Who is your pick for our third-round find this year?  

41 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was thinking about the fact that over the last three years Bob Quin has brought in Graham Glasgow, Kenny Golladay and Tracy Walker in the third round of the draft.  This is a pretty deep draft at TE, WR and DE.  Good RBs almost always fall to Round 3 or Round 4.  There will probably be a good interior lineman available in Round 3 also.  

We could take a TE, G or RB.  WR could be in the mix.  My picks:  TE's Foster Moreau, Josh Oliver or Kahale Warring.  Who is your pick for our third-round find this year?  

The way to build a good team is by hitting on these mid-round guys. I think for Moreau, he's probably more of a 4th round guy than a 3rd round guy. I do really like him but he's very raw as a receiver but a really solid blocker. If we had an extra 3rd then I think it's worth taking him to ensure we get him. However if we have just the one, I think that we could get a starting OG in that round which would address at least one of the gaps in our OL. I would also consider looking at one of the more athletic TE's like Sternberger in that spot too.

38 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

We are picking at 88 so the difference between a late 3rd and early 4th round pick is pretty minimal.  If I remember correctly, when Golladay and Walker were drafted most people had them pegged as going a round later.

You're 100% correct on that. I could be off on him but I've liked Foster as a potential guy from day one. The thing is that he was likely more of a round 5-7 guy before the combine and moved into 4-5 afterwards. If we take him in the 4th, it's probably closer to the "one round early". His pro day could make a difference as he'd get a chance to show his route running on an expanded scale.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, Karnage84 said:

The way to build a good team is by hitting on these mid-round guys. I think for Moreau, he's probably more of a 4th round guy than a 3rd round guy. I do really like him but he's very raw as a receiver but a really solid blocker. If we had an extra 3rd then I think it's worth taking him to ensure we get him. However if we have just the one, I think that we could get a starting OG in that round which would address at least one of the gaps in our OL. I would also consider looking at one of the more athletic TE's like Sternberger in that spot too.

I really like Warring. I’m not sure if he’ll still be there but I think him and Knox are two of the more underrated TEs in the draft. 

I also think it’s a good spot to snag a RB.  I think they will probably start to fly off the board right before pick in the 3rd though. 

15 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I really like Warring. I’m not sure if he’ll still be there but I think him and Knox are two of the more underrated TEs in the draft. 

I also think it’s a good spot to snag a RB.  I think they will probably start to fly off the board right before pick in the 3rd though. 

Agreed on the RB's. I think we're going to have to add another back that can go for 120+ snaps in a back up role to KJ. I don't think that we need to go and grab Josh Jacobs but we do need to get one of the better guys. It's possible there are times that this is going to be our primary ballcarrier, especially with KJ's durability questions. If we're moving to a more ball control offense then we're going to need to add effective guys that can sub in and be starters for 2-3 games if need be. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, Karnage84 said:

Agreed on the RB's. I think we're going to have to add another back that can go for 120+ snaps in a back up role to KJ. I don't think that we need to go and grab Josh Jacobs but we do need to get one of the better guys. It's possible there are times that this is going to be our primary ballcarrier, especially with KJ's durability questions. If we're moving to a more ball control offense then we're going to need to add effective guys that can sub in and be starters for 2-3 games if need be. 

I would love to get Harris. I think he’s the best back in the draft. I did t see how he tested but He’s steady. He’s pretty well rounded and I think he would make a good number one and a great number two. I also really like Weber as a rotational back and would love to get Love in the 5th or later. He has an element we don’t have: speed. And lots of it. 

They hit on the 3rd round picks because they give them a year to develop behind a vet before taking over a starting spot in their 2nd year. LB and RB are both positions where they could pull that off. Christian Jones and Theo Riddick are both on the final years of their contracts and will likely need to replaced going forward. Darrell Henderson and Bryce Love would be great options to replace Theo Riddick, both can be that "change of pace" type of RB and both are "playmakers" which is what BQ said he wanted to add to this team this offseason. Jahlani Tavai and maybe even D'Andre Walker could fit what they might be looking for at LB. 

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

I would love to get Harris. I think he’s the best back in the draft. I did t see how he tested but He’s steady. He’s pretty well rounded and I think he would make a good number one and a great number two. I also really like Weber as a rotational back and would love to get Love in the 5th or later. He has an element we don’t have: speed. And lots of it. 

Because I'm a curious guy and have been using the draft to procrastinate on far more important matters, I put together a profile on the different Seahawks RB's. I then took a look at a number of the different RB's in the draft that I'm interested in to see how they stack up. 

Harris has good size but is a touch slow (4.57) but he had a 37 inch vertical (2nd highest in my group) and 121 inch broad jump. My biggest question for him is about the wear and tear from his time at Alabama. I'm going to dig into him some more because he could be a good fit depending on where he is available. 

A guy that stacks up well is Ryquell Armstead. Really good size at 5'11 and 220 lbs with a 4.45 40. I really like Miles Sanders but expect him to go high. Justice Hill gives us a speed guy

13 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

They hit on the 3rd round picks because they give them a year to develop behind a vet before taking over a starting spot in their 2nd year. LB and RB are both positions where they could pull that off. Christian Jones and Theo Riddick are both on the final years of their contracts and will likely need to replaced going forward. Darrell Henderson and Bryce Love would be great options to replace Theo Riddick, both can be that "change of pace" type of RB and both are "playmakers" which is what BQ said he wanted to add to this team this offseason. Jahlani Tavai and maybe even D'Andre Walker could fit what they might be looking for at LB. 

What are your thoughts on Tony Pollard and/or James Williams as mid-round to late-round guys that could fill Riddick's spot in the backfield?

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

What are your thoughts on Tony Pollard and/or James Williams as mid-round to late-round guys that could fill Riddick's spot in the backfield?

James Williams is a pretty good copy of Theo Riddick, almost identical playing style. Pollard is more of a ST guy, good speed but Memphis struggled to find a consistent spot for him in the offense. If they want to add a RB in the 4th or 5th round they would be good options. I'd also have an eye on guys like Darwin Thompson, Justice Hill, Travis Homer, and Rodney Anderson in that part of the draft.

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

James Williams is a pretty good copy of Theo Riddick, almost identical playing style. Pollard is more of a ST guy, good speed but Memphis struggled to find a consistent spot for him in the offense. If they want to add a RB in the 4th or 5th round they would be good options. I'd also have an eye on guys like Darwin Thompson, Justice Hill, Travis Homer, and Rodney Anderson in that part of the draft.

Williams seems like a guy that should wind up on the Pats but they still have White locked up until 2021. I'm expecting that we should wind up drafting 1-2 RB's in rounds 5-7.

RB1: Kerryon Johnson

RB2: Vet FA (Spencer Ware?)

RB3: Rookie

RB4: Riddick/Zenner

RB5: Zenner/Rookie RB

Guys like Armstead, Sanders, Montgomery, Henderson, Ollison and Jacobs feel like they'll be going within the first three rounds. I don't think the Lions will start looking at adding a RB until round 4 but they will be targeting guys who should be there in rounds 5-7. A lot of Seahawk RB's have been about 5'10, 215 and run a 4.60. A guy like Alex Barnes, Kansas State could be there in the 5th or 6th who fits the profile. Mike Weber is a target but I think he could go in round 4 (maybe even the 3rd).

On 2019-03-25 at 11:01 AM, IDOG_det said:

I’m a big Anderson fan but he has had so many injuries. 

If they are comfortable with his health I think he’s a steal if he’s available in the 5th. When healthy he’s a good back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m a big Anderson fan but he has had so many injuries. 

If they are comfortable with his health I think he’s a steal if he’s available in the 5th. When healthy he’s a good back.

Agree with you. Problem is bringing in another guy with an injury history to back up a guy that struggled with injuries in college and sat out time at the pro level. If they take another RB in rounds 4-5 and Anderson is sitting there in the 6th or 7th I absolutely think you can take a chance on him. There's less risk doubling up on those positions later in the draft looking for that upside pick.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Agree with you. Problem is bringing in another guy with an injury history to back up a guy that struggled with injuries in college and sat out time at the pro level. If they take another RB in rounds 4-5 and Anderson is sitting there in the 6th or 7th I absolutely think you can take a chance on him. There's less risk doubling up on those positions later in the draft looking for that upside pick.

One guy who I think is flying under the radar is RB Devine Ozigbo from Nebraska:  Check out 5'11 or 6'0 230lbs and runs a 40 in the high 4.5s-low 4.6s.  

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/38231/devine-ozigbo