DeSean Jackson Mock Draft

DeSean Jackson

Hey guys this is my second mock draft! After the big wave of freeagency I wanted to give it another shot as were sitting pretty with cap space and some holes at G,HB,DT,LB,DE. To finish freeagency I'm going after guys that wont affect my Comp picks for next season ( players that are cut or trades ). Freeagency is going to be bandaids, with some fresh trades to get younger, more playmakers.

Cap space 24 million

Free agents

Justin Houston two year 19 million

Comes in and starts right away, still is a great player and our dline rotation just got so much better and I think he's a huge improvement over Bennet. 

Zach Brown one year 5 million

He's still a very productive player, he's okay in coverage but Jenkins normally covers the tight ends in Jims scheme. Was rated a top 5 LB on PFF rankings.

Josh Sitton 1 year 3 million

He's been injured, but he comes here to be the main backup and will fill in for Brooks while he's out the first couple games. 

Now that we covered the DE, Lb, G needs we look to the draft to cover the rest.

I'm using a draft simulator

DRAFT

ROUND 1 

WR MARQUISE BROWN
OKLAHOMA
 I love Brown and I think he's a playmaker that can grow with Wentz for years to come, he will learn from Djack this year and learn all the secrets on how to become the best deep threat he can be. Doug will have fun with him and draw up plays to get him the ball. I think our offense is missing someone like him that can do everything.Can also play slot.

Round 2 

Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi

A torn ACL knocks him down the draft, a top 15 player if healthy falls to us and we get our starting DT of the future. Plus I think some incidents that happened before with him will knock him down this far. Now we have our mississippi tandem at DT.

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE

This guy is exactly what Doug likes, fierce competitor that can break tackles and wear down the defense. Montgomery has the RECORD for broken tackles in a year in college football, and would've gotten over 100 broken tackles this season if he didn't sit out a couple of games, thats ridiculous . He did all this work behind a bad oline and I cant wait to see what he can do behind ours.

4th round

S AMANI HOOKER
IOWA

Great cover safety, exactly what Jim likes. Our safeties are getting older and it's nice to get some young blood in there.

TE CJ CONRAD
KENTUCKY

Really good route runner  who is also a really good blocker, fits what doug likes in his third tight end. 

5th round

RB JAMES WILLIAMS
WASHINGTON STATE

Eagles pick up our Darren Sproles replacement, Williams in my opinion is the best receiving back. Montgomery and Williams will be a great one and 2.

6th round

QB RYAN FINLEY
NC STATE
I think this pick is very good value and I think he has a similar game to Alex Smith. Will be a very good backup in the NFL and is very accurate.

This draft I wanted to surround Wentz with some young talent he can grow with, the last 3 years we've been sticking bandaids at our Speed wr spot. We want someone Wentz can grow chemistry with in Brown and now our two running backs. On defense we get a DT that can pair with Cox for years to come who I think will fit great in jims scheme, and I think Hooker will be a great cover safety in the NFL.
 Our dline for the playoffs and December of Houston , Cox, Jackson and Graham with Barnett, Simmons, Chris Long as the rotation is DEADLY.

Don't like the Marquise Brown pick. He's too skinny to last 16 games.

Simmons won't slide that far

Amani Hooker will go in the 3rd round

Justin Houston is going to get at least 3 mill per season more than that. 2 year/25 mill would be more realistic.

Your formatting is way too large once you get to the draft

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Don't like the Marquise Brown pick. He's too skinny to last 16 games.

Simmons won't slide that far

Amani Hooker will go in the 3rd round

Justin Houston is going to get at least 3 mill per season more than that. 2 year/25 mill would be more realistic.

Your formatting is way too large once you get to the draft

I disagree I think Simmons will be there with his character concerns and now he just tore his acl. Hooker could go in the third but he can also be there in the 4th. No one ever knows. Safeties tends to fall. 

9 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I disagree I think Simmons will be there with his character concerns and now he just tore his acl. Hooker could go in the third but he can also be there in the 4th. No one ever knows. Safeties tends to fall. 

Simmons is a top 5-10 talent and basically everyone says his character concerns are non existent since his incident. Sidney Jones was a top 20-25 talent at a less premium position, and went 43rd after tearing his acl. Simmons isn't going to last to our pick.

Hooker isn't going late 4th. He probably won't even last til the late 3rd. I wouldn't really care if we took him in the 2nd. He's basically Landon Collins.

I get the Zach Brown signing, not a fan of the rest of FA. 

I think you could flip Montgomery 4th and Hooker 2nd. Rest of the draft is ehh 

FA: C-

Draft: B- If you flipped those mentioned above and changed the rest it could be a strong B+ (iOL, LB, BPA no particular order)

Archived