2020 QBs, how do they stack up?

Danger

On 3/23/2019 at 6:52 PM, Activated10 said:

Everyone said 2018 class was better than 2017 class and that 2019 class was gonna be weaker than 2017. Now this is based on where they drafted and not how how they peform in NFL

Meanwhile, the 2017 class just produced the NFL MVP, 3 probowlers qbing 3 playoff teams.  Yes somebody says every year that next years class is better.  They are rarely right.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, Danger said:

EDIT: Move to NFL Draft please

How does the early top of the 2020 QB class stack up against the 2018 and 2019 classes?

2018: 
Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Jackson

2019:
Murray
Haskins
Lock
Jones

2020: 
Tua
Herbert
Fromm
Costello
Eason

Mayfield
Darnold
Haskins
Rosen
Herbert
Murray
Tua
Allen
Fromm
Jackson

That's how I'd rank my top 10 as prospects without the benefit of hindsight.

I was on the Darnold over Mayfield train because of the alleged safety of Darnold, but I had Baker with the highest grade. His tape was excellent and my only concerns were the size and scheme. That's why I leaned towards Sam, but Baker had a much better grade based purely on tape. So glad we got him, but I'd be lying if I said I was always on the Mayfield #1 overall train.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Meanwhile, the 2017 class just produced the NFL MVP, 3 probowlers qbing 3 playoff teams.  Yes somebody says every year that next years class is better.  They are rarely right.

The 2018 QB class was better. Mahomes is the best of the bunch, but he's not enough to carry that class.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

The 2018 QB class was better. Mahomes is the best of the bunch, but he's not enough to carry that class.

Wentz and Goff ain't no slouches either. I guess Dak Prescott exists.

44 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This take is horribly bad. 2017 had Mahomes and Watson, who are considerably better than anyone in 2018 to this point. I'm not terribly high on Trubisky, but I'd still take him over anyone in 2018 not named Baker Mayfield.

The 2018 class has Mayfield, Darnold, two run first QBs (one who is laughably bad as throwing the ball) and a guy who is probably onto his 2nd team in two years. Unless Darnold has a significant improvement in year two, this class will not catch up to what 2017 has accomplished to this point.

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's not even close, the 2017 first rounders would all have gone ahead of the 2018 class, and again those first rounders all went to the playoffs, all went to the probowl.  Its shaping up to be the best qb class since 2004.  The 2018 is all hype to this point.  The only one that can claim to have had a successful year is Baker (aided by playing against some HORRIFFIC defenses)

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I know you're a Bears fan, but you're a wrong Bears fan. And I like Trubisky.

Has nothing to do with fandom. Find me anyone who would agree with this statement - as @Superman(DH23) said, you have three Pro Bowl guys, a league MVP who just had the most prolific season since Peyton Manning in 2013 and three guys who were very instrumental in taking their teams to the playoffs (KC was a playoff ready team, but both Houston and Chicago needed to elevate on the offensive side of the ball to get to that perch).

Which one of the 2018 QBs outside of Mayfield do you see doing anything remotely close to this? You can try to throw something against the wall with Darnold or Allen, but there's nothing from last season that can logically deduce that these two are going to take some significant step forward. They COULD, but it's a wild guess up to this point. We know it's not going to be Rosen, and I've seen what your thoughts are on Lamar Jackson, so that's not a card you can try to play in this discussion.

So, which one of these guys is going to approach Watson status (because we know none are getting to Mahomes status, including Mayfield). 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I know you're a Bears fan, but you're a wrong Bears fan. And I like Trubisky.

I wish we could poll NFL GMs, I mean we kinda poll coaches with the probowl selections, you know the selections that chose all 3 2017 first rounders.  The 2017 class had the NFL MVP, the 1st, 4th, and 7th in QBR.  A combined 100 TDs to just 33 INTs.  All 5 2018 QBs combined for 71 TDs.  Seriously, this is not a discussion 

Just now, ET80 said:

Has nothing to do with fandom. Find me anyone who would agree with this statement - as @Superman(DH23) said, you have three Pro Bowl guys, a league MVP who just had the most prolific season since Peyton Manning in 2013 and three guys who were very instrumental in taking their teams to the playoffs (KC was a playoff ready team, but both Houston and Chicago needed to elevate on the offensive side of the ball to get to that perch).

Which one of the 2018 QBs outside of Mayfield do you see doing anything remotely close to this? You can try to throw something against the wall with Darnold or Allen, but there's nothing from last season that can logically deduce that these two are going to take some significant step forward. They COULD, but it's a wild guess up to this point. We know it's not going to be Rosen, and I've seen what your thoughts are on Lamar Jackson, so that's not a card you can try to play in this discussion.

So, which one of these guys is going to approach Watson status (because we know none are getting to Mahomes status, including Mayfield). 

Are we doing this WITH hindsight or WITHOUT hindsight? Because that's two completely different scenarios.

Archived