Saints close to signing Jared Cook

candyman93

Veteran tight end Jared Cook and the New Orleans Saints are close to a contract agreement, according to a report from Pro Football Talk.

Cook’s addition comes after the player visited New Orleans as the league year began in an effort to test the marketplace this offseason after a successful outing in Oakland.

https://247sports.com/Article/Saints-Jared-Cook-close-to-deal-130320168/

Not a whole lot of options available. This was probably the best and only move they could make in free agency.

I was wondering who was going to sign him. I am very surprised that he didn't remain a Raider, he looked like he had great chemistry with Carr. Any reason the raiders aren't bringing him back @RaidersAreOne?

This would be a great signing for NO. I think he is a good fit for that offense

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Great for the Saints, he’s a heck of a TE. 

@N4L I’m assuming we don’t think Cook is worth Top 5 TE money and could certainly draft Noah Fant in the 1st with our three 1sts. 

Hockenson would be perfect for you guys

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I was wondering who was going to sign him. I am very surprised that he didn't remain a Raider, he looked like he had great chemistry with Carr. Any reason the raiders aren't bringing him back @RaidersAreOne?

This would be a great signing for NO. I think he is a good fit for that offense

He's an excellent player. He has great chemistry with Carr. I'm assuming they want to get younger at tight end and not commit a lot of money considering they paid brown and Tyrell williams already.

Cook is a really good TE. The biggest things going against him is age and consistency. When he is on, he's one of the best receiving threats at the position. However there were times where he was obviously disengaged and gave up on the play. 

Overall, I expect he didn't stay due to financial reasons and the fact he's chasing a ring. Good luck in NO!  

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Cook is a really good TE. The biggest things going against him is age and consistency. When he is on, he's one of the best receiving threats at the position. However there were times where he was obviously disengaged and gave up on the play. 

Overall, I expect he didn't stay due to financial reasons and the fact he's chasing a ring. Good luck in NO!  

Sounds like GB Jared Cook to me. Aaron was pissed when he was let go.

Archived