Raiders have signed cornerback Nevin Lawson

agarcia34

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

to be honest, never heard of him....upgrade from McDonald, DRC, Leon Hall and whatever guys we threw out there as depth

That's what it boils down to. Conley, Worley and Joyner are our starting trio. Lawson has tons of starting experience and if we are in a pinch, he can step in. Rather trot him out vs. the depth we have had in years past. I think $3M is a little rich for a #4/5 guy, but we have the cap.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

That's what it boils down to. Conley, Worley and Joyner are our starting trio. Lawson has tons of starting experience and if we are in a pinch, he can step in. Rather trot him out vs. the depth we have had in years past. I think $3M is a little rich for a #4/5 guy, but we have the cap.

true, our other corners aren't getting paid much.... Plus gives Nelson a good chance to earn playing time this year, or CB still in play come draft day if the right player is on the board

Good read on him:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/1/28/18198523/detroit-lions-film-breakdown-nevin-lawson-2018-cap-casualty

He is a very physical corner and he excels at bumping receivers off of routes and jamming them at the line. 

Lawson does not have the burst or agility to keep up with a majority of receivers when they take off on their routes free. The corner struggles when he lets the opposing receiver get a step on him and he generally can not keep up.

Part of this is because of his poor footwork. Lawson struggles to mirror the receiver and occasionally will get turned in the wrong direction for no reason at all. 

The corner does not track the ball well and often does not get his head around to make a play in time. 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Still really hope the Raiders prioritize corner in this class. 

I think prioritize is the wrong word. If anything, we need to prioritize pass-rush and that's it. I think we could potentially address it, but I am feeling okay about our CB. I can't say that about most other positions on this roster.

Archived