Raiders have signed cornerback Nevin Lawson

agarcia34

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think prioritize is the wrong word. If anything, we need to prioritize pass-rush and that's it. I think we could potentially address it, but I am feeling okay about our CB. I can't say that about most other positions on this roster.

I feel we have some talent at CB as well, but if Greedy, Baker, or Murphy are there at 24 then I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed one. Since PG likes to "redshirt" his young CBs, I would especially like Greedy. Gives him a season to fill out his frame and get stronger. 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think prioritize is the wrong word. If anything, we need to prioritize pass-rush and that's it. I think we could potentially address it, but I am feeling okay about our CB. I can't say that about most other positions on this roster.

We need both DEs and OLB that can rush.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

We need both DEs and OLB that can rush.

Really? I’m not so sure, i think that in PG’s scheme he likes to have the dts rush the passer and the DEs contain. At least that’s my impression. I’m not sure how much he wants LBs to rush especially in a 4-3. I think he might see more coverage LBs. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Really? I’m not so sure, i think that in PG’s scheme he likes to have the dts rush the passer and the DEs contain. At least that’s my impression. I’m not sure how much he wants LBs to rush especially in a 4-3. I think he might see more coverage LBs. 

That's why I am not a fan of us potentially selecting Josh Allen. He's not a full-time edge in a 4-3 defense so he's likely going to play SLB if we draft him. Is a SLB in Gunther's system worth a top 5 pick?

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Cornerback play is underestimated in terms of how important it is in today’s NFL. I’d say it’s come to the point that having 3 quality starting cornerbacks is more important than a pass rush, generally. Teams are able to scheme guys open 2-3 seconds from the snap on most plays—nagating the effect of even the best pass rush.

I know this forum seems to be okay with Worley, but I’m not. Based on my evaluation of him, he’s not a quality starting corner in the NFL. Same with Lawson.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's why I am not a fan of us potentially selecting Josh Allen. He's not a full-time edge in a 4-3 defense so he's likely going to play SLB if we draft him. Is a SLB in Gunther's system worth a top 5 pick?

Even with Allen blitzing only 6-7 times a game he still has to be accounted for on every single pass play. It will throw off the blocking scheme for the O-line

17 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I feel we have some talent at CB as well, but if Greedy, Baker, or Murphy are there at 24 then I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed one. Since PG likes to "redshirt" his young CBs, I would especially like Greedy. Gives him a season to fill out his frame and get stronger. 

Yep agreed on the talent at cb. I would think  cb and dt we have ok/decent startersand depth. Wouldnt stop me from drafting a Nmandi or a Seymour if we think one is available. We need difference makers.

Archived