FA mostly done mock

rampantjet

So you guys know who we have signed already or I don't know what you are doing on this site.  We are sitting at 35.7 mill left in space, probably slightly less after Siemian hits the books

Remaining FA:

Brett Jones C-  Not a fan of this signing, but we are going to sign some useless center, and I chose to go with Jones over Sullivan.  They are both rubbish but Jones is at least 6 years younger.  He gets 2 mill a year because we hate money.  He gets no guarantees though so we can cut him in camp if he doesn't win the starter or back up job.  

Ezekial Ansah Edge-  I think we lose out on Justin Houston because he wants to go to a winning team to finish out his career.  Ansah has been anywhere from an effective player to a stud pass rusher.  I don't think we get the stud pass rusher, but i think if he can stay healthy he can be a guy that is good against the run and can threaten double digit sacks.  We get him for 12 mill per due to his injury history and what seems like a slow market for him.  

Those are most of the remaining signings, probably a few more small signings/ camp guys.  That leaves us with roughly 20 mill in space accounting for signing bonus'

Draft :

*TRADE*  Jets trade back with Washington which seems to have some buzz to it.  We give up #3 we get back #15, #46, #153, and 2020 1st.  

#15 Jets-  Brian Burns EDGE-  We trade back and still get a top notch pass rusher.  Allen is a stud, but many draft analysts like Burns just as much or think he is at least close.  Burns is already a more technical pass rusher than Allen.  For a guy who is 6'5, 250, with long arms, who ran a 4.53 it is shocking how little buzz he is getting.  This is a huge get for us and he will play across from Ansah.  

#46 Jets-  Erik McCoy C-  We cross off arguably our 2 biggest needs back to back.  McCoy is a great prospect with good technique and more than enough size and strength.  Played 36 of his 38 games in college at C so he is ready to roll coming right into the league.  He will win the starting job with relative ease allowing Harrison and Jones to compete for the back up job.  

#68 Jets-  JJ Arcega Whiteside WR-  JJ falls this far for 2 reasons.  First this is a packed WR class, secondly people doubt his athleticism and him not doing anything at the combine didn't help that.  But the dude can just flat out play.  Ya he probably does run like a 4.6 but who cares.  He runs great routes, catches everything regardless of how open he is or isn't and runs like a RB with the ball in his hands.  

#93 Jets-  Daylon Mack DT-  Ya ya.... i know.  I put him here every draft, but i love this dude.  Just watch him play and you will feel the same.  

# 105-   Bobby Evans OT-  Smooth mover, with long arms.  Oklahoma linemen have translated fairly well lately.  We take a shot at a guy that can hopefully progress.  

#153-  Ben Banogu EDGE-  Has some stuff to work on, and the athleticism he showed at the combine didn't always show on tape, but he produced in college and the raw materials are there.  Ran a 4.62 at 250lbs, with a 40 inch vert, and some good agility's.  Worth a shot as a developmental guy.  We need to start producing a pipeline of pass rushers and O linemen.  

*TRADE*  Jets trade up.  We trade our 6th and 7th to move back up into the 5th.  

5th rounder-  Divine Ozigbo RB-  Love this guy.  Weighed in at 233 and ran in the low 4.5's.  He was productive in college, and I would love to have someone take some of the between the tackles work off of Bells plate.  We would have Bell for everything, Divine to take some of the tough carries and help wear out the defense, and McGuire to come in on some 3rd downs and sometimes be in 2 back sets with Bell on passing downs.  

9 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Not a big fan of Burns or Ansah but love the rest of it. Rather grab Ray or Lynch with Ferrell

I mean... i don't love Ansah much either, but he has done it well before, and now that Houston is gone no one else has.  It has gotten so bad people are calling for Shane Ray who i didn't even like coming out of college. 

As far as Burns, i think he would be a huge value at 15.  Is there anything specific you don't like about him?

Archived