PRO DAYS COULD PUSH ELITE TALENT TO LIONS AT #8

Karnage84

The Cardinals appear to be all but ready to select Kyler Murray at #8. Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock both have received rave reviews for their pro days. A team like the Jaguars just signed their QB of Now (Foles) and are likely to not be looking to draft one this year. However, they could be looking to add a piece to their OL.

Who do you potentially see sliding to us at #8? Which teams can you see trading up?

Someone's going to trade up for Kyler Murray. I can't believe that the Cardinals will draft a 5'10" QB at #1 overall 1 year after taking Rosen in the 1st. Rosen didn't even get a chance last year. There is no way they should give up on him this quickly.

I think the Raiders may trade up for Murray, but they for sure shouldn't. I'd like to see the Jags snag him to sit under Foles for a minute, but they won't. I think it'll be the Giants. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think his market will be smaller than expected. He's super small, and none of the teams at the top of the draft NEED a qb (except NY at 6.)

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Someone's going to trade up for Kyler Murray. I can't believe that the Cardinals will draft a 5'10" QB at #1 overall 1 year after taking Rosen in the 1st. Rosen didn't even get a chance last year. There is no way they should give up on him this quickly.

I think the Raiders may trade up for Murray, but they for sure shouldn't. I'd like to see the Jags snag him to sit under Foles for a minute, but they won't. I think it'll be the Giants. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think his market will be smaller than expected. He's super small, and none of the teams at the top of the draft NEED a qb (except NY at 6.)

You could be right but there's a new HC with a new system. If Murray is Russell Wilson 2.0 and the perfect fit the offense, it's hard to pass up. 

I think that the Cards are sold on Murray. It wouldn't shock me if the Jets and Giants traded for Haskins moving up to #3. It could look something like this:

ARI - Murray

SF - Bosa

NYG - Haskins

OAK - R. Gary

WSH/DEN/MIA - Lock

NYJ - Q. Williams 

JAX - J. Taylor

Available: Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, DK Metcalf, Ed Oliver, Devin White

Gary seems to be getting pushed up quite a bit. Lock is getting Stafford comps (for good and bad). Guys like Sweat and Metcalf could wind up in this mix. 

On 3/21/2019 at 4:48 PM, Karnage84 said:

You could be right but there's a new HC with a new system. If Murray is Russell Wilson 2.0 and the perfect fit the offense, it's hard to pass up. 

I think that the Cards are sold on Murray. It wouldn't shock me if the Jets and Giants traded for Haskins moving up to #3. It could look something like this:

ARI - Murray

SF - Bosa

NYG - Haskins

OAK - R. Gary

WSH/DEN/MIA - Lock

NYJ - Q. Williams 

JAX - J. Taylor

Available: Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, DK Metcalf, Ed Oliver, Devin White

Gary seems to be getting pushed up quite a bit. Lock is getting Stafford comps (for good and bad). Guys like Sweat and Metcalf could wind up in this mix. 

If it ends up that way We better be sprinting to the podium to take Allen. He is the perfect Jack LB for our system 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Oh my god you guys

I had a vision today and things just clicked in my head and I saw the truth

The Lions are going to draft Jonah Williams

It's not something to completely rule out. Decker is up for his 5th year option. Wagner can open up a bunch of cap space if he's released next year. Williams would address an immediate need (OG) and can also play either LT or RT. Should we? Probably not, with the level of defensive talent that is likely going to be on the board. Could an argument be made where it's not the worst idea? - Definitely, yes.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It's not something to completely rule out. Decker is up for his 5th year option. Wagner can open up a bunch of cap space if he's released next year. Williams would address an immediate need (OG) and can also play either LT or RT. Should we? Probably not, with the level of defensive talent that is likely going to be on the board. Could an argument be made where it's not the worst idea? - Definitely, yes.

Did I mention that my vision was of the 2021 off season as we discuss if Williams needs to be replaced at RT even though he's really mediocre, or whether the Lions have too many other needs under their new coach and GM, and meanwhile Montez Sweat is coming off an 18.5 sack season for someone else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

Did I mention that my vision was of the 2021 off season as we discuss if Williams needs to be replaced at RT even though he's really mediocre, or whether the Lions have too many other needs under their new coach and GM, and meanwhile Montez Sweat is coming off an 18.5 sack season for someone else

Next time lead with that

• Like 1

6 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I really can't see us going oline unless we trade down a good 5 spots or so.

You guys should however prepare yourselves for a TE at 8..which is probably worse for a lot of you 😂

The Lions seem intent on a more traditional TE - a guy that is a solid blocker who also offers up something in the passing game. Scott Bish wrote an article discussing the Lions past use of the TE and Bevell's usage. For what the Lions seem to want to do, a TE at 8 makes no sense.

• Like 1