PRO DAYS COULD PUSH ELITE TALENT TO LIONS AT #8

Karnage84

14 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

When he had Graham the Seahawks were 9th and 13th in TE targets. 

In other words, when (Bevell) had one of the best Tight Ends in the game at the time (and one of the better TE's in recent history) he still only targeted the position towards the end of top 10 and top 15.

Don't get me wrong, the TE1 is the third most targeted guy in Bevell's offense and can be effective in that role. It's just not the position that the offense is run through like the Pats and Gronk (when healthy).

Which team was first in TE targets? Or top 5 if you have that?

43 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

In other words, when (Bevell) had one of the best Tight Ends in the game at the time (and one of the better TE's in recent history) he still only targeted the position towards the end of top 10 and top 15.

Don't get me wrong, the TE1 is the third most targeted guy in Bevell's offense and can be effective in that role. It's just not the position that the offense is run through like the Pats and Gronk (when healthy).

Which team was first in TE targets? Or top 5 if you have that?

What makes you think his offense is going to replicate what he did in Seattle?

Coaches do evolve....if they want to last. 

3 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

What makes you think his offense is going to replicate what he did in Seattle?

Coaches do evolve....if they want to last. 

We've been at or near 60-65% of pass vs run in our offense. The team has expressed a desire to a) run the ball more and b) keep KJ fresh and healthy (by limiting carries and adding other guys into the mix). This is reminiscent of what Bevell did while in Minnesota and Seattle. The Lions aren't going to complain if we put up 50 points a game and blow teams out but that would be more of a matter of circumstance as opposed to design.

We all know that Stafford can ball out and throw for 5,000 yards, come back to win the 4th, etc. They seem to be looking to balance things out and build up a strong defense around him and not force the team to have to try and put up 35 points a game in an attempt to break .500.

Coaches seem to get the ball to the players that are performing. 

A TE that performs is going to get more targets. 

I think you’re right about the Lions and offensive balance. I don’t expect an offence that features statistical leaders rather contributors that are all competent at their respective positions.. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Coaches seem to get the ball to the players that are performing. 

A TE that performs is going to get more targets. 

I think you’re right about the Lions and offensive balance. I don’t expect an offence that features statistical leaders rather contributors that are all competent at their respective positions.. 

You're right, they will give guys that are performing more targets. The TE1 has been targeted as low as 8.64%(Zach Miller) to as high as 17.34% (Jimmy Graham). This was also "several years already in the league and traded for" Jimmy Graham. Even JG only had 31 receptions in his rookie season as a 3rd round pick (albeit 5 TD's doesn't hurt).

Archived