Ravens re-sign QB Robert Griffin III

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Curious to see how long of a leash Lamar gets before they decide to kick the tires on RGIII and see if he can still play in the league.

... how long of a leash to give our first round QBoTF who has already led us to the playoffs and led us to move on from our starter for the last decade, before benching him to see what we have in RG3?

um.. very long

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

... how long of a leash to give our first round QBoTF who has already led us to the playoffs and led us to move on from our starter for the last decade, before benching him to see what we have in RG3?

um.. very long

If Jackson doesn't learn how to play from the pocket he isn't going to last long.  Running QBs never do.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If Jackson doesn't learn how to play from the pocket he isn't going to last long.  Running QBs never do.

why do people spew this garbage? 

his problem is when he throws while scrambling around and the people who act like he's some historically bad thrower despite every stat suggesting otherwise are just showing a complete lack of knowledge.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

um.. very long

Defensive coordinators are going to have a full offseason to digest his NFL tape. If he puts up several full game efforts akin to the first half (or really, 3 quarters) of the playoff game vs the Chargers, do you really think he'd last the full season?

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Defensive coordinators are going to have a full offseason to digest his NFL tape. If he puts up several full game efforts akin to the first half (or really, 3 quarters) of the playoff game vs the Chargers, do you really think he'd last the full season?

If a QB repeatedly plays like they did in their worst "3 quarters" from an entire season, I suppose they would be benched. We need an entire new O-line too if they are also going to play like they did in that 3 quarter sample size.

Lamar obviously sucked in that playoff game, but Bradley/Lynn also absolutely took Harbaugh/Mornhinweg to the woodshed and apparently the Chargers knew around 65% of the plays the Ravens were going to run based on the positioning of Ronnie Stanley's feet.

Lamar is also hardly the 1st QB to have a rough playoff debut.

18 minutes ago, Josepho said:

why do people spew this garbage? 

his problem is when he throws while scrambling around and the people who act like he's some historically bad thrower despite every stat suggesting otherwise are just showing a complete lack of knowledge.

Dude rushed 147 times for 695 yards.  As a Redskins fan, I think I've seen a rookie running QB come in, have a miraculous first season and then crash and burn.  

http://fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2018&GameWeek=&PosID=10&LeagueID=1&order_by=RuAtt&sort_order=DESC 

Dude rushed more than any QB in the NFL last year by a wide margin.  

I'm not saying he was bad in the pocket, my point was that he needs to stay in it or he's going to end up on IR.  

Oh, and lets wait to see what his QB rating looks like when the defense isn't threatened by him running so much.  

Seems like a good idea. Has a similar skill set to Jackson so if there is an injury the offense doesn't have to change much. Also if Jackson is struggling with finding open receivers or reading the defense he doesn't have to worry about the guy on the bench being able to do it much better.

I am surprised how many think Lamar Jackson can't improve. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Josh Allen was somewhat expected to start last year, the Ravens coaching staff created a new offense during a bye week to suit Lamar Jackson.

Somehow people don't think changes and improvement applies to Lamar Jackson, although that is the case for the rest of the QB's.

Archived