Colts sign LB/DE Justin Houston (2 year, $24M)

RaidersAreOne

I'm just personally "eh" about the move, despite how optimistic some of you are.  He's a shadow of what he was a few years ago.  $12M a year might be too much for what he's produced.  He a had a bounce-back year, but that's much easier to do as a pass-rusher when you're always playing with a lead. If the Colts can jump out to early leads, he'll be great...if they can't, he'll be so-so.   

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm just personally "eh" about the move, despite how optimistic some of you are.  He's a shadow of what he was a few years ago.  $12M a year might be too much for what he's produced.  He a had a bounce-back year, but that's much easier to do as a pass-rusher when you're always playing with a lead. If the Colts can jump out to early leads, he'll be great...if they can't, he'll be so-so.   

I assume you didn't watch him very much

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Ehh, Houston is actually better in close games.  It’s Ford who would have been less affective by playing in the closer games.    

Stat wise it may make him so-so, but Houston does a ton of things well that don’t show in the stats 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Flowers

Flowers went to play for his old coach for 17 mill, to play for Indy say would have took 18mill. there is a big diff between 5 and 90 and 2 and 24.  I rather have Houston and the cap flexibility.  

2 minutes ago, patman said:

Flowers went to play for his old coach for 17 mill, to play for Indy say would have took 18mill. there is a big diff between 5 and 90 and 2 and 24.  I rather have Houston and the cap flexibility.  

I agree but both would have been tremendous

Archived