Colts sign LB/DE Justin Houston (2 year, $24M)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seems everyone wanted Houston. He’s got years in the tank still. So Chiefs lose Houston and Ford and possibly Hill...

Yea, the Mathieu signing won't make up for their major lack of pass-rush now. I do like the Breeland signing though. They'll have to target pass-rush hard this draft.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seems everyone wanted Houston. He’s got years in the tank still. So Chiefs lose Houston and Ford and possibly Hill...

Houston had 12 sacks in 14 games last year. Sheard is sneaky good as well so could be an underrated pass rush.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea, the Mathieu signing won't make up for their major lack of pass-rush now. I do like the Breeland signing though. They'll have to target pass-rush hard this draft.

Was Breeland ok last year? I remember 2017 he was hot hot garbage. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

@Buckweath said they are content with the DE from Nova and Speaks. I wouldn't trust them at all.

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would like to present you my friend, Chris Jones.

If you take last year's stats, replace Dee Ford's sack total by Alex Okafor's and replace Houston's sack total by another 4 sacks and the Chiefs would have been right on the average team sack total.

Raiders fans should know better about what a "major lack of pass rush" is.

I guess you could say they are also losing Allen Bailey and his 6 sacks but no one considers him a loss.

It seems like they are counting on coaches Spagnuolo and Daly, young players trending up in Speaks and Kpassagnon and the upcoming draft to add a high pick D-end for the passrush.

I'm not worried but obviously the passrush won't be as good as last year, which was excellent.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, SBLIII said:

Houston had 12 sacks in 14 games last year. Sheard is sneaky good as well so could be an underrated pass rush.

Houston had 9 sacks in 12 games last year. Not sure where those numbers are from. 11 in 14 games if you count the playoffs. Maybe that's what you were looking at?

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Houston had 9 sacks in 12 games last year. Not sure where those numbers are from. 11 in 14 games if you count the playoffs. Maybe that's what you were looking at?

yes sorry 9 in 12 or 11 in 14. Pretty good get for the Colts.

Archived