Dawgs Gotta Eat

Horseunit

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of course I want it as a fan, but I think the team will be best served with less added distractions.

It’s already gonna be a circus with OBJ, Baker, Hunt, etc.

I think Baker is being tasked with keeping this from being a circus, fair to him or not. I know there are other leaders in the franchise like Freddie and the Dorse but on the field and a lot off of the field Baker is going to be asked to be the big brother to these guys and make sure they are fighting for their personal goals but ultimately accepting that the team goals outweigh them. It's a huge job and takes someone who is genuine with that persona but fortunately I think we have that in Mayfield. If I'm wrong too bad but if that is who he is and it seems to be, we're probably winning playoff games rather soon.

I know you weren't knocking Baker and he is a big personality but he needs to be the glue that holds this together so if he contributes internally to the circus at all we may be in big trouble. If he is outspoken about something that isn't orange and brown then I don't care.

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Baker is being tasked with keeping this from being a circus, fair to him or not. I know there are other leaders in the franchise like Freddie and the Dorse but on the field and a lot off of the field Baker is going to be asked to be the big brother to these guys and make sure they are fighting for their personal goals but ultimately accepting that the team goals outweigh them. It's a huge job and takes someone who is genuine with that persona but fortunately I think we have that in Mayfield. If I'm wrong too bad but if that is who he is and it seems to be, we're probably winning playoff games rather soon.

I know you weren't knocking Baker and he is a big personality but he needs to be the glue that holds this together so if he contributes internally to the circus at all we may be in big trouble. If he is outspoken about something that isn't orange and brown then I don't care.

Agreed, they’re counting on his personality to be the dominant one and him being able to lead, no doubt.

Archived