Haha21 Mock Draft

Haha21

Haha21 Mock Draft

Note: I had hoped to create a mock draft before free agency started but finals with school made it impossible

Free Agency

·       Muhammed Wilkerson DT (1 year deal)

Draft Three QBs go inside the top 10 and couple teams are desperate to grab the last one. Green Bay Packers send 1st (12th overall) and 4th (118th overall) to Washington Redskins for 1st (15th overall) and 3rd (76th overall).

1. Arizona Cardinals- Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma

2. San Francisco 49ers- Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

3. New York Giants (via Jets)- Dwayne Haskins QB OSU

4. Oakland Raiders- Nick Bosa EDGE OSU

5. Tampa Bay Buccaners- Josh Allen EDGE Kentucky

6. New York Jets (via Giants)- Jawaan Taylor OT Florida

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- TJ Hockenson TE Iowa

8. Detroit Lions- Rashan Gary EDGE Michigan

9. Buffalo Bills- DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

10. Denver Broncos- Drew Lock Mizzou

11. Cincinnati Bengals- Devin White LB LSU

12. Washington Redskins (via Packers)- Daniel Jones QB Duke

13. Miami Dolphins- Cody Ford OT/OG Oklahoma

14. Atlanta Falcons- Montez Sweat EDGE Mississippi St.

1st Round (15th overall via Redskins)- Brian Burns EDGE FSU, 6-5 250lbs

See the source image

As we’ve learned, you can never have too many pass rushers in this league. Despite doubling down on Za’Darious Smith and Preston Smith, I still believe that EDGE needs to be addressed early. Burns has elite get off and speed. There were questions about his play weight, but he showed up to the combine at 250 lbs and tested well many of those questions were answered.

1st Round (30th overall via Saints)- Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St., 6-3 301 lbs

See the source image

Simmons was likely a top 10 selection before tearing his ACL in February. He was someone I would’ve targeted at 12 had he been there. Simmons is a pass rushing interior defensive lineman that this team needs. Daniels will be a free agent after the season and may not be back. Simmons and Clark are a nasty duo heading into 2020.

2nd Round (44th overall)- Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama, 6-2 242 lbs

See the source image

I would prefer Fant, but in this Mock he has already been selected. The Packers definitely aren’t settling for Smith though, the kid is a stud. Smith excels at stretching the field and that’s something the Packers have been missing since Jermichael Finley’s career was ended. Smith is a matchup nightmare for linebackers and safeties at the next level and gives Rodgers another exciting target on offense.

3rd Round (75th overall)- Connor McGovern OG Penn St., 6-5 308 lbs

See the source image

The interior offensive line needs help. Right guard was a mess and was definitely a reason Billy Turner was brought in. Lane Taylor has exceeded expectations coming into the league as an undrafted free agent but has been average. McGovern can play center and guard and likely will begin his Packer career as a backup but his potential as a starter is exciting.

3rd Round (76th overall)- Amani Hooker FS Iowa, 5-11 210 lbs

See the source image

Amani is an instinctive safety from Iowa a school that has generated many Packers. Comes in and plays across from Adrian Amos.

4th Round (114th overall)- Terry McLaurin WR OSU, 6-0 208 lbs

See the source image

Misused at OSU and highly underated, McLaurin adds another piece to the WR room. Very good speed and route running ability. He will fit in just fine in Green Bay.

5th Round (150th overall)- Ben Burr-Kirven ILB UW, 6-0 230 lbs

See the source image

Ben Burr-Kirven leaves UW as one of the best linebackers to ever play there and is one of my favorite players in the draft. Although a little undersized, Burr-Kirven is very instinctive and a tackling machine. ILB depth is a concern with Ryan leaving in free agency and Morrison being released.

6th Round (185th overall)- Paul Adams OT Missouri, 6-6 317 lbs

See the source image

Passed Packer offensive lineman thresholds at the combine and has good experience.

6th Round (194th overall)- Ugochukwu Amadi S Oregon, 5-9 200 lbs

See the source image

Safety depth is still needed.

7th Round (226th overall)- Traded for 2020 6th Round Pick

Thoughts and comments?

1 minute ago, crfalker05 said:

Definitely good with the results, but no way do I make that trade. If they’re moving up for the last QB teams want in the first, they need to give up their 2nd with nothing else coming back to them but our 1st

Not for 3 spots. This was extremely optimistic as far as getting additional value while staying in that top tier.

I liked the Hooker and McLaurin picks, I'm not a huge fan of anyone else. I need to learn more about those offensive linemen, but Simmons will likely go top 20 still - additionally we'd only take him if we're 100% on his character. Burns is a good pick but I would prefer Oliver in this scenario. Smith is probably only going in the 2nd if the Ravens draft him, otherwise he's a third day pick IMO.

19 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I am not a big fan of the Simmons (damaged goods risk) or Smith jr (undersized) picks. I get why people like them, just I don’t.

I understand the risk with Simmons, both the injury and his off field incident. It's a gamble, he will probably redshirt his rookie season in the NFL, but if he comes back strong and lives up too his potential his fifth year option could be exercised. As far as his off field incident, he seems truly remorseful. By all accounts he has been a model student athlete at Mississippi State. Teams will do their due diligence on him and he's available and we take him then I trust that Gute and company feel good about his character.

Archived