Haha21 Mock Draft

Haha21

This would be a really nice haul.  Don't think we have to give back that 4th round to move down in the trade.  There has to be a premium given to us to give up #12.  Use that 4th rounder for another pick and wow that would be sweet.

Along the lines of how I see the draft play out. I see a lot of value in round three of this draft. I am hoping for trade downs at a discount (meaning giving up on our end). I think rounds two and three are the sweet spot in this draft.

Like the picks, except I think Simmons is off our board or lower than others. And I don't think we spend that much on tight end except maybe Hock. I can see a safety or guard there if they fall to us. There will be DL and edge there too. Really a lot of players before tight end.

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Will Irv Smith last until #44?  I kinda doubt it.

I think he’ll be there. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he goes round 3. There isn’t a strong precedent for TEs under 6’3” having success. Like Delanie Walker and Trey Burton are the only really good examples that come to mind. He projects as more of a H back, so a team is going to have to really want that kind of player and incorporated it in their offense. Does anyone else get a DJ Williams vibe?

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Probably a round 3 guy right now. He's like Vernon Davis without any athleticism or size.

Visually, he looks like Richard Rodgers to me - but I think he's more athletically gifted than RR was.

Just now, Leader said:

Visually, he looks like Richard Rodgers to me - but I think he's more athletically gifted than RR was.

Due to his size it wouldn’t surprise me if 20-25 teams will have as a 5th or later. There are only so many teams that value and can use a motion h back. 

Really like this mock.  Trade down and still get Burns.  Simmons is a steal @30. (he's ahead of schedule on the ACL and due diligence on his 'character' is already done and he checks out fine).  Irv @44 is good value.  MLF was very high on Delanie Walker and Irv is three lbs lighter at the same height as Walker.

Really solid job.  We should be so lucky.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Really like this mock.  Trade down and still get Burns.  Simmons is a steal @30. (he's ahead of schedule on the ACL and due diligence on his 'character' is already done and he checks out fine).  Irv @44 is good value.  MLF was very high on Delanie Walker and Irv is three lbs lighter at the same height as Walker.

Really solid job.  We should be so lucky.

Delanie Walker: 4.53 40, 7.23 3C, 36.5 vert, 6.67 RAS
Irv Smith Jr.: 4.63 40, 7.32 3C, 32.5 vert, 4.83 RAS

I get that they're both undersized TEs, but Delanie was a legitimately good athlete even if he was undersized. Irv's numbers would be a lot better if he was 260.

4 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Delanie Walker: 4.53 40, 7.23 3C, 36.5 vert, 6.67 RAS
Irv Smith Jr.: 4.63 40, 7.32 3C, 32.5 vert, 4.83 RAS

I get that they're both undersized TEs, but Delanie was a legitimately good athlete even if he was undersized. Irv's numbers would be a lot better if he was 260.

The point was that people thought Irv was too small and he's not. He might not be the athlete that Walker was coming out but he is a more polished product than Walker was when he came out.

13 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I think he’ll be there. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he goes round 3. There isn’t a strong precedent for TEs under 6’3” having success. Like Delanie Walker and Trey Burton are the only really good examples that come to mind. He projects as more of a H back, so a team is going to have to really want that kind of player and incorporated it in their offense. Does anyone else get a DJ Williams vibe?

Yes.  I put that in a thread somewhere.  Honestly, I don't want to use a pick on Smith at all.  I think DJ Williams is exactly what we would get, and we have already seen that once.

Archived