Raiders sign S Curtis Riley

RaidersAreOne

I know nothing about him as a pro. But those stats do look impressive, though obviously isnt something you can rely on to paint an accurate picture of a guys ability all the time. Last year was his first year starting, or seeing significant playing time at all, and hes still very young. There is definitely some hope that hes still improving, growing, and developing. And he could be a nice find for us in the long term. Or he could be a special teams contributor. Its the right type of guy to sign for low money over a year or two to see if a new scheme and different talent around him can elevate their play. We have like 4 guys in the secondary that are still young and developing to varying levels (in theory) that could go either way, if a couple of them take a step forward we could have a very talented and very young core of players for the next few years. Guys like Conley, Harris, Joseph, Riley, Nelson, and we've added some veteran players that have played at different levels of great to ok in Joyner, Worley, Lawson, etc. I think thats a solid approach that could easily lend itself to a lot of competition in camp and practice and hopefully a nice, solid secondary, and potentially more if we can sort out the front seven. I believe in Conley and think a couple of these guys could take solid steps. I think its entirely possible the secondary could be one of the big strengths of our team. 

I read in another forum he had the 2nd lowest passer rating against of all safety's and didn't allow a receiving TD in 2018. Not sure if that's true or not so tifwiw.

Should be good depth and hopefully only see playing time in obvious passing situations. 

Archived