Raiders sign S Curtis Riley

RaidersAreOne

I like these types of signings (the cb as well). Guys that have started a bunch for other games and we will use them as #3 or #4 S and CB. We still lack the quality talent on our D but at least we are building nice depth at DT, S and CB. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roninho said:

I like these types of signings (the cb as well). Guys that have started a bunch for other games and we will use them as #3 or #4 S and CB. We still lack the quality talent on our D but at least we are building nice depth at DT, S and CB. 

Yeah, we definitely have solid groups at CB, DT, and S. I'd still like it if we added another young CB to push Worley for the other spot opposite Conley though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Unfortunately, LB and DE aren’t included in that list of solid groups.

I've had to explain this 100 times...What solid edge or LB were we getting to get without a massive overpay? The top edge guys were gone before FA even started and the average guys got huge deals. All of the LBs got severely overpaid, Kwon Alexander is going to make more than Luke K next season... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I've had to explain this 100 times...What solid edge or LB were we getting to get without a massive overpay? The top edge guys were gone before FA even started and the average guys got huge deals. All of the LBs got severely overpaid, Kwon Alexander is going to make more than Luke K next season... 

I was speaking about those units in general. Not about who they could have signed in FA. smh

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No reason to complain about it when there’s not much we could’ve done before the draft.

This. All the omg we haven't addressed those positions posts are stupid. Any move we could have made, would've been a bad one.

Listening to Gruden recent interview, signing Riley makes a lot of sense.... Joyner is going play a lot of nickle corner for us.... Conely is our CB1 and CB 2 will be Worley, and Nickle Joyner.... Which is why we didn’t go after Dennard or spend much on corner in free agency. We brought in the lions guy to be our 4th corner with experience and to somewhat challenge Worley... Gruden prolly still sees potential in Nick Nelson too.... 

so looking at our safeties, our 2 “starting safeties” will be Joyner and Joseph. But when Joyner goes to Nickle in the slot, we needed someone else to play corner. So there is going be a battle between Riley and Eric Harris for that spot oppposite to Joseph... 

i still could still see us draft a Safety in the first 4 picks, Atleast a DB