Raiders sign S Curtis Riley

RaidersAreOne

Wow! Raiders are obviously going "all-in" for the 2019 season, judging from this signing, as any loyal Giants' fan can tell you!

"Riley, signed as a free agent last offseason, was the surprise winner of the Giants’ competition for the free safety spot. To put it mildly, he did not play well.

Riley led all safeties with 23 missed tackles, and a consistent habit of taking poor angles in run support led to a Pro Football Focus run grade of 37.1, last in the league among 64 qualifying safeties."

Rumor has it that the Giants are prepared to make a big offer to Helen Keller, to replace what Curtis Riley brought to the team!

Image result for Curtis Riley New York Giants

15 hours ago, bzane said:

Wow! Raiders are obviously going "all-in" for the 2019 season, judging from this signing, as any loyal Giants' fan can tell you!

"Riley, signed as a free agent last offseason, was the surprise winner of the Giants’ competition for the free safety spot. To put it mildly, he did not play well.

Riley led all safeties with 23 missed tackles, and a consistent habit of taking poor angles in run support led to a Pro Football Focus run grade of 37.1, last in the league among 64 qualifying safeties."

Rumor has it that the Giants are prepared to make a big offer to Helen Keller, to replace what Curtis Riley brought to the team!

You are the GOAT, bzane 

It cannot be overstated how poor his angles were. Maybe the worst I've ever seen out of an NFL safety. Overall he is a poor player. Will make some plays as an opportunist and delivers some big hits, but he doesn't do the main thing safeties are supposed to do, which is be the last line of defense. He will fail at that almost every time. 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

His 4 picks would have led our team, I'll take that as our #4 Safety! Haha.

psh....that's nothing. His 4 picks would have been twice as many as the entire 49ers defense last year. 

24 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It cannot be overstated how poor his angles were. Maybe the worst I've ever seen out of an NFL safety. Overall he is a poor player. Will make some plays as an opportunist and delivers some big hits, but he doesn't do the main thing safeties are supposed to do, which is be the last line of defense. He will fail at that almost every time. 

I read he did not allow a TD pass this year and had the second lowest passer rating when targeted. However he was dead last in run D rating.

Gruden likes to have a safeties who takes horrible angles and almost  lose an AFC championship game on one play.  Not saying we would have beaten the Ravens but Anthony Dorsett and Marquez Pope's coverage of Shannon Sharpe for his 96 yard TD could not be better than Curtis Riley.  That play really got that Raven's powerhouse offense rolling.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Clinton-Dix would give him a run for his money on that one. 

Archived