Browns Trade Cam Erving to Chiefs

Tully305

Easily my least favorite Browns pick EVER. I hated it at the time and I hate it even more now. A sub .500 team drafting a backup center in the 1st round with countless other holes to fill. It made no sense even if it panned out and was a terrible value pick then.

I can't believe there were people that thought he'd be a legit NFL tackle either. Watching him try to play OT against Vic Beasely was embarrassing in college, let alone as an NFL prospect.

I'd trade him for a bag of magic beans.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Easily my least favorite Browns pick EVER. I hated it at the time and I hate it even more now. A sub .500 team drafting a backup center in the 1st round with countless other holes to fill. It made no sense even if it panned out and was a terrible value pick then.

I can't believe there were people that thought he'd be a legit NFL tackle either. Watching him try to play OT against Vic Beasely was embarrassing in college, let alone as an NFL prospect.

Yeah, it was a really bad pick.  It would be more painful if the guys picked after him were lighting the league on fire (they're not), but there's still no excuse for missing that badly on an O-lineman.  Ray Farmer, you... you...., $#%^*@#!

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They knew they were losing Mack and he was supposed to be the replacement. I didn't know anything about him coming out but it was pretty clear after year one he wasn't good enough to play anywhere on any line. Balance is bad, strength seems bad, football intelligence seems bad. Bad combination.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

They knew they were losing Mack and he was supposed to be the replacement.

That I understand, but I'm saying I completely disagree with the entire philosophy behind that kind of a pick in the first round. I know Mach was probably leaving no matter what, but still. You cross that bridge when you get to it/you do that with a 3rd rounder or later the season before it happens, NEVER a 1st if you're a sub .500 team. If you're New England, maybe you think about it, but anyone else, no way. That's all I was really saying. 

In all fairness....we knew we were loosing Mack, and had other holes on the Oline.....

At the time he was a starting LT for a National Championship team, and then he became a starter at C the next year and had a good year in the ACC...so at the time they thought he was Eric Steinbach a Olineman with size production and 5 position versatility.......It didnt work out....now that's 3 misses on 4 First Round Picks in 2 season....think about those two first rounds....produced Danny Shelton.....and Justin Gilbert, Cam Erving and John Manzel......

DownrightAdorableEsok.gif

414+txBfjhL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I held out hope for the longest time on him lol

I was also one of his biggest defenders also.....

I remember him in college and I figured worst case scenario he would be at LEAST SOLID.....

I was wrong....

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Well he was an NFL GM and you're just a guy sitting at home, so clearly he knows better than you and Cam Erving was a great pick.  9_9

Archived