Whither Josh Jones?

TheOnlyThing

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah just Nagler being Nagler. A LB playing in the box, man we're screwed if opponents figure that out.

Kenny Clark only plays within 3 yards of the LOS and teams know this!!

Earl Thomas only plays deep center field and teams know this. That's why he sucks

QBs always line up behind the center!

I don't even dislike him. But that seemed forced. He probably thinks that made him sound like a football expert.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Kenny Clark only plays within 3 yards of the LOS and teams know this!!

Earl Thomas only plays deep center field and teams know this. That's why he sucks

QBs always line up behind the center!

I don't even dislike him. But that seemed forced. He probably thinks that made him sound like a football expert.

If you know one of the safeties are going to be in the box or very close you know you are getting a 1 high safety look the whole game. It makes a difference in game planning. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If you know one of the safeties are going to be in the box or very close you know you are getting a 1 high safety look the whole game. It makes a difference in game planning. 

Not if he’s playing ILB and you have 2 other safetiy in the game. 

5 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not if he’s playing ILB and you have 2 other safetiy in the game. 

I dont know....perhaps I have more confidence in Pettine than some others. Forget Capers - last years usage was at Pettine's direction.

What did we see?

More of the same.....up and down / borderline ineffective / somewhat "Oh geeeezzzz no" performance?
Or something we can hang our hats on this year.

MLF is new - but lets not extend that factor to Pettine.

So what do we have?

A player thats STILL being misused (?) - by Capers and now Pettine (?) - a guy thats there's hope for based on performance (?) - or likely it aint gonna happen?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I dont know....perhaps I have more confidence in Pettine than some others. Forget Capers - last years usage was at Pettine's direction.

What did we see?

More of the same.....up and down / borderline ineffective / somewhat "Oh geeeezzzz no" performance?
Or something we can hang our hats on this year.

MLF is new - but lets not extend that factor to Pettine.

So what do we have?

A player thats STILL being misused (?) - by Capers and now Pettine (?) - a guy thats there's hope for based on performance (?) - or likely it aint gonna happen?

The D looked pretty good to me until injuries stacked up. Pettine had nothing to work with at safety after HaHa quit and injuries. 

As was said long ago on this board, we had a lot of nice pieces but they didn't fit. Amos is gonna help there and drafting a couple of the right slot/safety guys this year should shape up that secondary and therefore improve pass rush too. Mind you all these dbs are very young still. Tramon could be their dad almost.

Jones got beat out by the practice squad. That's on Jones, not Pettine. I didn't like Jones as a prospect. You could see his hesitation in college and it was noted. I just trusted in TT. 

I do very much like Gute's first drafting. That class is going to be very good to excellent. And it's a return to TT's early drafts updated for athletic traits. Seems like a Dorsey 85% tape/15% athletics but with high marks on character, football IQ. TT missed bc low draft position and desperation need picks that abandoned sound drafting at times.

Look forward to what a Gute-LaFleur draft looks like.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

I feel like the second thing isn't that huge of an issue. But maybe I'm a simpleton

Yeah it really doesn't, everything's on tape and the team knows what positions everyone plays  anyways. It's all about the disguised looks.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

15 hours ago, Golfman said:

Who says he has to be one of only two safeties to play football?