Steelers are releasing S Morgan Burnett

turtle28

I'd be for signing him on a one year deal while we continue to develop Apke & Nicholson but, I also have no problem with Apke, Everett, Nicholson and hopefully a rookie we draft to battle it out for the other starting S spot.

I'd still rather have Eric Berry on a one year prove it deal or Mike Mitchell and his 4.3 speed as our FS

I honestly don’t get why Tre Boston isn’t getting any love. He’s been awesome for the chargers and cardinals the last two seasons. It seems he could be had on a bargain too, idk why Washington would t be interested in him at only 26 years old, he could be a great pairing with Collins. Just don’t understand how he seems to be getting shut out by teams unless they know something we don’t. His play the last two years garners an Amos like contract yet he could probably be had for 2-4 mill a year. Idk why we haven’t contacted hin

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I honestly don’t get why Tre Boston isn’t getting any love. He’s been awesome for the chargers and cardinals the last two seasons. It seems he could be had on a bargain too, idk why Washington would t be interested in him at only 26 years old, he could be a great pairing with Collins. Just don’t understand how he seems to be getting shut out by teams unless they know something we don’t. His play the last two years garners an Amos like contract yet he could probably be had for 2-4 mill a year. Idk why we haven’t contacted hin

Yeah, him too. I blanked on him. 

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

But we got DRC! </sarcasm>

48 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Go youth in the middle rounds.

Heres my guy John Battle lookin smooth as silk in drills this morning. (2nd vid, couldnt get them to separate)

Awesome, thanks PH. What round do you think he goes 3? Would he possibly fall to round 5?

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Awesome, thanks PH. What round do you think he goes 3? Would he possibly fall to round 5?

I think some team takes the chance in the 3rd or 4th at latest. But with the amount of affordable safetys on the market, seems kinda silly to toss draft picks at them atm. Id like to see him reach the fifth with a chance of us to grab him.

29 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I think some team takes the chance in the 3rd or 4th at latest. But with the amount of affordable safetys on the market, seems kinda silly to toss draft picks at them atm. Id like to see him reach the fifth with a chance of us to grab him.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. Good deal.

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

If we're looking to draft someone to play CB/FS, then I want Nasir Adderly (Delaware)

What round is he expected? 

Also, what happened to Fish Smithston? Was he cut or was he on the practice squad last year and still on the team?

Strengths: 
  • Good instincts 
  • Rangy free safety 
  • Makes plays on the ball 
  • Could play some nickel corner 
  • Intelligent 
  • Physical 
  • Runs around and smacks people 
  • Plays hard 
  • Covers a lot of ground on the back end 
  • Times contact well 
  • Adept at breaking up passes 
  • High points the ball well 
  • Deep centerfielder to prevent big plays downfield 
  • Special teams contributor
  • Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019NAdderley.php#dUsf0gDC2FHYTFUs.99

Archived