Texans sign LT Matt Khalil

ET80

I don't understand why signings such as this are criticized. He will probably be guaranteed 1/4 mill and be a camp body. If  he show something he sticks if not he is cut.  The pats sign a bunch of these type vets over the years one in 4 work out, worth taking a chance. 

18 minutes ago, patman said:

I don't understand why signings such as this are criticized. He will probably be guaranteed 1/4 mill and be a camp body. If  he show something he sticks if not he is cut.  The pats sign a bunch of these type vets over the years one in 4 work out, worth taking a chance. 

This isn't the Pats. It's the Houston Texans. They think they just locked down their blindside protection and they probably paid out like it too.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Simple question - is he better than Julie'n Davenport? If so, that's all I need. 

I don't know specifically, but I remember for a while you guys had like 3 OT's in the PFF bottom five. If Kalil stays healthy he's a little better than that, but I'm honestly surprised he didn't just retire. Probably a 50/50 at best that he makes it through a camp.

Archived