Roster cut down time

Louis Friend

First look at the 53-man roster as of now. 

Offense: 24

QB: Matthew Stafford/Jake Rudock

RB: Ameer Abdullah/Theo Riddick/Zach Zenner/Dwayne Washington/Tion Green

WR: Marvin Jones/Golden Tate/Kenny Golladay/Jared Abbrederis/T.J. Jones

TE: Eric Ebron/Darren Fells/Michael Roberts

LT: Greg Robinson/Cornelius Lucas

LG: Graham Glasgow/Joe Dahl

C: Travis Swanson 

RG: TJ Lang/Brandon Thomas

RT: Rick Wagner/Corey Robinson

Defense: 26

DE: Ezekiel Ansah/Alex Barrett/Jeremiah Valoaga

DT: Haloti Ngata/Jeremiah Ledbetter

DT: A'Shawn Robinson/Akeem Spence

DE: Cornelius Washington/Anthony Zettel

OLB: Tahir Whitehead/Steve Longa

MLB: Jarrad Davis/Nick Bellore

OLB: Jalen Reeves-Maybin/Paul Worrilow

CB: Darius Slay/Nevin Lawson/Quandre Diggs/DJ Hayden/Teez Tabor/Jamal Agnew

FS: Glover Quin/Don Carey/Charles Washington

SS: Tavon Wilson/Miles Killebrew

Special Teams: 3

K: Matt Prater

P: Kasey Redfern

LS: Don Muhlbach

PUP/IR: Taylor Decker, Kerry Hyder, Jordan Hill, Brandon Copeland, Sam Martin

Suspended: Armonty Bryant, Khyri Thornton

Predicted Practice Squad: QB Brad Kaaya, WR Dontez Ford, DL Pat O'Connor,  DB Josh Thornton, C Leo Koloamatangi, TE Robert Tonyan Jr, WR Dez Stewart, DL Derek Lott, OT Storm Norton

7 hours ago, Lionized said:

Why no love for billingsley? This is really harshing my mellow

To be fair, neither he nor Abbrederis played well this preseason. Neither one stood out in the return game either. I think it came down to experience. I wouldn't mind kicking the tired on Victor Cruz and letting Abbrederis go. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

To be fair, neither he nor Abbrederis played well this preseason. Neither one stood out in the return game either. I think it came down to experience. I wouldn't mind kicking the tired on Victor Cruz and letting Abbrederis go. 

I could defiantly get behind Cruz over abbrederis, as long as he looks fine medically with his knee. Between Abbrederis and Billingsley, I see that Abbrederis has more experience but I just felt and saw Billingsley be more electric when he touched the ball. 

I wish I had side by side stats for them this preseason, I just can't seem to find them.

10 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Billingsley isn't good. Not sure why everyone is so heartbroken that he didn't make the roster. Abbrederis is the much better choice

What is your reasoning behind that? I'd just like to see where your coming from. So I can get behind Abbrederis. 

2 minutes ago, Lionized said:

What is your reasoning behind that? I'd just like to see where your coming from. So I can get behind Abbrederis. 

Abbrederis runs better routes, blocks better, catches the ball better, provides more overall on ST teams, etc. Overall he's just the better player. Fans seemingley fell in love with Billingsley because he's a long shot, not because he's actually good. Abbrederis actually has the potential to provide something to the team. 

Noel Thomas looked more promising than Billingsley as well.

29 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Abbrederis runs better routes, blocks better, catches the ball better, provides more overall on ST teams, etc. Overall he's just the better player. Fans seemingley fell in love with Billingsley because he's a long shot, not because he's actually good. Abbrederis actually has the potential to provide something to the team. 

Noel Thomas looked more promising than Billingsley as well.

Ah okay, I'm limited in my view of smaller things players do with NFL game pass. Do you happen to know of a site that lets you watch replays of games, with a sky view over the field?

Detroit Lions lose Brad Kaaya to Panthers, claim 2 offensive linemen

Kaaya was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers. He'll back up Cam Newton and, presumably, Derek Anderson.

The Lions lost a second player on the waiver wire, with the Bills winning the rights to tight end Khari Lee. That means notable cuts like receiver Jace Billingsley and linebacker Antwione Williams could return to Detroit on the practice squad.

Detroit also won the rights to offensive linemen Zac Kerin (a guard) and Brian Mihalik (a tackle), according to the Detroit News. The club will have to make two corresponding moves to make room for them. 

Pretty shocked to not have added any DL yet. Hopefully more moves to come.

19 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Also just read Antwione Williams wasn't signed to the practice squad. How did he go from projected starter to cut from the team so quickly? :o

No Alex Carter either. Hmm...

Carter, I'm not shocked about. 

Williams must have hit on somebody's daughter.

Archived