Updated Mock after major FA/Trades

Mrd27

On 3/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, Mrd27 said:

12. GB – T.J Hockenson, TE, Iowa (4)

30. Green Bay – Garrett Bradbury, OL, NC State (4)

I'm honestly not sure what to say here.  You manage to pick 2 non-premium positions, and the previous drafts under Gute and Ted Thompson have seen the Packers draft two non-premium positions (AJ Hawk and HHCD).  And you manage to draft in two in the same draft.  12 is almost assuredly going to either be an EDGE or Ed Oliver.  As for their 2nd pick, they're probably more willing to go with a non-premium position, but it won't be an IOL.  They haven't drafted an IOL before the 4th round since before 2000.  I'd assume they'd be looking at a safety here.

I don't like the move up at all for Detroit. The Lions aren't going to trade up for Sweat. There are several targets who would be available for us at #8 (assuming Sweat doesn't make it there): Devin White, Devin Bush, Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams will all address team needs and adding (arguably) better players.

As for the Giants, these moves don't make any sense. If Haskins is sitting there at #6 for them and he is their guy then they're taking him there. If they really wanted Gary, they could make that trade up to #9 but there are several good players there at #17. I can't blame you for trying to do something different and I could see a mock where they don't take ANY QB in the first round. However, if they're taking Haskins in the top 10 then I'd expect it's either at #6 or they trade down and he's somehow still there.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

In what world is Rashan Gary the best player available at 6? You're saying he is, at worst, the 6th best player in the draft? I'd rather just take Haskins at 6 then land Cody Ford or Brian Burns at 17.

To add to this, the Giants can't afford to gamble with a QB if they think he is their man. That risk is way too high.

Archived