State of the Jets Skill Players 2019

BlaZeN37

The Jets have done a good job of adding skill players that compliment each other well.

- In 2018, Quincy Enunwa averaged 7.7 yards after catch per reception (2nd among all WRs) 

- In 2018, Jamison Crowder averaged 7.6 yards after catch per reception (3rd amongst all WRs)

- Since 2017, Robby Anderson has 8 TD catches over 30 yards (2nd amongst all WRs behind only Tyreek Hill)

- In 2018, Chris Herndon led all pass-catchers with a 152.7 passer rating when targeted in the red zone

- Since 2014, Le’Veon Bell has scored 18 TDs on 29 carries inside the 5, good for a 62% conversion rate (1st amongst 25 RBs with at least 25 carries inside the 5 since 2014)

- Le’Veon Bell has 39 first downs on 85 career 3rd or 4th down targets, good for a 46% conversion rate (2nd amongst backs with at least 40 third/fourth down targets over that span)

It is certainly ahead of what we had last year, especially if Q can actually stay healthy, but i really would love to add another WR, another TE, and another versatile RB in the draft.  Throw in a top notch C and progression from Darnold and i think we will have more potential than we have had on offense in like..... decades.  

From a skills standpoint I think we have a nice complementary WR core with a possible future Stud at TE. Bell is Bell. We’re much better than we were last year and there’s plenty of room for progression 

Nice write up. Didn’t realize that nugget about Herndon. 

As long as everyone stays healthy, Darnold has a good group to support him. Need another WR just in case.

The key is going to be the offensive line and play calling. Gase should be fine with playcalling. The OL... needs work.

We need lineman desperately or it doesn’t matter what kind of talent we have offensively. There is certainly enough to win skill position wise but if we keep ignoring the line in the draft we’ll still be drafting top ten. 

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We need lineman desperately or it doesn’t matter what kind of talent we have offensively. There is certainly enough to win skill position wise but if we keep ignoring the line in the draft we’ll still be drafting top ten. 

I'd like to think that we can address both.  

I like this group more than most, the key issue is the health of Enunwa. We absolutely should draft a WR that can potentially replace him next year or the year after. I really like him a lot, I just don't know that he'll be able to stay healthy. If he does, it'll be interesting to see who sticks next year (him or Robby). 

The most under-appreciated name on this list is Chris Herndon. 

Bias aside, I think Herndon is going to be one of the best TEs in the NFL. The most difficult adjustment for a TE going from college to the pros is really the physical and mental anguish they deal with. Seeing how Herndon was able to come in and be an impact player at his age with limited experience is rare. His 69.6% catch rate is stellar for a rookie, and keep in mind the guy throwing to him (for the most part) was a rookie as well. I fully expect him to take a huge leap in Adam Gase's offense. By December, you'll be buying your #89 gear just in time for Christmas. 

Archived