Shazam

devils1854

Went to one of the fandango early screenings.

Note. I am a DC apologist.

the first half of the movie was boring and just plain bad. Terrible CGI. Terrible world building. Rip offs from other movies.

i got back from the bathroom, and it was like it was a totally different movie. It was spectacular. It showed who Captain Marvel really is. I laughed. I wanted to jump out of my seat. It might be the best climax of any superhero movie.

7.5/10

spoilers for both after credits scenes

[spoilers]

thats definitely Mr Mxyzptlk in the mid credits right?

adter credits is awesome and shows the link to Aquaman. A JL is coming but it’s going to be different members and is going to be a few years off.[/spoilers]

Edited by devils1854

Why cant DC/WB do CG well?  There is occasional bad CG in Marvel movies, but it's never really distractingly bad like a fair amount of DC CG is.  

Methinks they are just over reliant on it instead of using a combo of CG and practical effects.  I remember in Justice League when Cyborg and Wonder Woman were outside talking, the street and background were all CG...WHY!?!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Went to one of the fandango early screenings.

Note. I am a DC apologist.

the first half of the movie was boring and just plain bad. Terrible CGI. Terrible world building. Rip offs from other movies.

i got back from the bathroom, and it was like it was a totally different movie. It was spectacular. It showed who Captain Marvel really is. I laughed. I wanted to jump out of my seat. It might be the best climax of any superhero movie.

7.5/10

spoilers for both after credits scenes

[spoilers]

adter credits is awesome and shows the link to Aquaman. A JL is coming but it’s going to be different members and is going to be a few years off.[/spoilers]

So maybe you just needed to take a good dump to clear your system to let the rest of the movie sink in.

I think it is.

I liked it. CGI is the main problem. Otherwise it's good. Levi was amazing. This does a much better job than Captain Marvel at making you care about the character and their close ones. As for the spoiler question, no it's not.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Why cant DC/WB do CG well?  There is occasional bad CG in Marvel movies, but it's never really distractingly bad like a fair amount of DC CG is.  

Simple.  Marvel movies look so good bcuz of Industrial Light & Magic.  They’re the best there is.  WB should send a fleet of Brinks trucks to the Presidio and beg George Lucas to have ILM do their visual FX.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Simple.  Marvel movies look so good bcuz of Industrial Light & Magic.  They’re the best there is.  WB should send a fleet of Brinks trucks to the Presidio and beg George Lucas to have ILM do their visual FX.  

Hard to believe there is that much of a discrepancy. But that cant be the only reason.  Even Superman Returns from 2006 had better CG than many of the recent DC movies.

Went to the Fandango screening and it was lots of fun. Levi really killed the role and was Strong was great. CGI was choppy here and there, but the budget was smaller for the movie from what I read.

11 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Nope. That's Mr Mind.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:44 PM, thrILL! said:

I'm pretty sure that Disney owns ILM. It was the part of the purchase a few years ago.