Shazam

devils1854

3 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Also I liked the batarang nod. Second time bad guy gets stabbed he's supposed to be protected. Suggests a) it was a real one, not a replica and b) Batman knows how to deal with magic. 

I'm pretty sure the reason he was able to be stabbed is because Shazam infused it with his lightning magic, you can clearly see it covered in lightning when he stands him.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm pretty sure the reason he was able to be stabbed is because Shazam infused it with his lightning magic, you can clearly see it covered in lightning when he stands him.

Ah fair enough. Guess I forgot that detail.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I finally saw it. It wasn’t anything monumental but it was really good. 

1. Man of Steel

2. Shazam

3. Wonder Woman

4. BvS

5. Suicide Squad

6. Justice League

Still haven’t seen Aquaman. 

I still have MoS as my best DCU movie with WW rated right after. I would put it like this. 

1. MOS

2. WW

3. AM

4. Shazam

5. JL

6. BvS

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I still have MoS as my best DCU movie with WW rated right after. I would put it like this. 

1. MOS

2. WW

3. AM

4. Shazam

5. JL

6. BvS

BvS was pretty bad. But I think it being the nostalgia of the first time they’ve been on screen together moves it up for me despite it’s plentiful flaws. 

Took the fam to see it yesterday.  A bit herky jerky with the plot, but all in all it was a fun time.  Definitely didn't seem worthy until the last fight.  Seems like there should have been more consequences considering the wizards speech about the creation of the 7 deadly sins.  Levi was generally great in the role, except for his "serious face" was bad, but I think it was supposed to be awkward, because he is a kid trying to act like an adult superhero.  I'd give it a strong B, maybe a B+.

I'd rank the DC movies as such:

1. Man of Steel (B+)
  2. Shazam (B/B+)
  3. Wonder Woman (B, this has fallen for me on repeat viewings)
  4. Batman vs Superman (C+)
  5. Justice League (C-)
  6. Suicide Squad (D)

Haven't seen Aquaman yet, i'm sure i'll get around to it at some point.

• 3 months later...
Just now, dtait93 said:

I literally know nothing about DC, can anyone explain the caterpillar post credit scene to me? 

he's Shazam's second biggest villain to Black Adam. Since Crisis he has been an alien from Venus with mind control powers and an intellect to rival anyone. Before that he was just a worm with that power set and a pair of glasses. He is actually pretty historical in comics as ridiculous as he is. He most famously uses the Monster Society of Evil to carry out his plans. This was the first team up of previously used villains in comics history. His arc is the first and longest serialized comic arc in history as well, spanning two full years before Mister Mind was caught, tried, and executed. He was resurrected when Fawcett folded and DC took over but they shelved him for over a decade from the 80s to the 90s. 

• Like 1