ACO

Cowboys sign S George Iloka

Posted (edited)

Edited by ACO

I wonder how this signing affects Jeff “The Goat” Heath’s HOF trajectory..

43 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

From Earl Thomas to George Iloka... lol. 

Still better than having Heath as a starter. Heath is better as a rotational player.

He didn't do much when given the opportunity in Minnesota, but it didn't matter much since Kearse and Harris stepped up in a big way.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He didn't do much when given the opportunity in Minnesota, but it didn't matter much since Kearse and Harris stepped up in a big way.

I don't really think he had an opportunity. Harris stole the job.

If we are using PFF grades, then he instantly ties Xavier Woods for the best graded safety on the roster.

19 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

From Earl Thomas to George Iloka... lol. 

Not saying Iloka is great, but I sure didn't want to pay a 30 year old Thomas coming off an injury top money.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Too much risk. Hasn't played in the last 2 years

He was probably asking for some ridiculous $. Tbh big name signings havent ever worked for us recently.

I think because of our past history of being big time spenders in FA, players feel insulted when they get low-balled by us. In reality, in the modern day age of cap hell it's just smart business and the only option. I will say though, out FO's biggest weakness is the ability to land big names even after being handed to show off a big brand to them. Very terrible at luring in players in the modern age considering how much we have to offer the player. e.g. big market, great facility, steady level headed organization from top to bottom as of recent years which gives the players some sense of stability, self advertisement opportunities advocated by franchise itself. We really really suck at marketing to big name Free Agents CONSIDERING what we have to work with.

Cowboys sucking at player marketing in 2019. Thats some sweet irony. That sounds like dry water.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

He's a solid player but a bit of an enigma.  He's built like an in the box strong safety, but he's a free safety.  When he was with the Bengals, he did a good job in not allowing big plays.

A couple of his main problems though are he lacks ball skills, and he's late a lot which leads to unnecessary roughness penalties. He's had a lot of late and high hits on receivers...