Saints deal 2019 7th Round pick for Eagles LS Jon Dorenbos

Dome

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2017/8/28/16218532/new-orleans-saints-deal-2019-7th-round-pick-eagles-long-snapper-jon-dorenbos-justin-drescher

The Philadelphia Eagles announced a trade with the New Orleans Saints on Monday evening. The team has acquired 37-year-old veteran long snapper Jon Dorenbos in exchange for a 7th Round draft pick in 2019.

Why? Simply, Why?

And you know what will happen, we'll just ditch a few other players for no compensation.

Our front office probably sounds like this;
That team's crap is worth... draft picks! Let's go get him!!
Well what can we get for our crap? Our crap is worth.... ah, who's got time to determine value of our crap. Just cut 'em loose.

Soon after:
We're not getting production from (crap). Let's just cut our losses.
News brief - Saints just signed (name once highly skilled player) as the season is about to open!
........and we all forget about the crap crap.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Why? Simply, Why?

Dreschers snaps have been inconsistent. Jon is a 14 year vet and great locker room character. Good compensation for a 7th rounder 2 years out.

The Eagles seemed to have loved him, as well as the fans. His story is tragic, but obviously he's made it out alright. He made the Pro Bowl twice as a long snapper. Basically he's a very experienced vet at a position of need, as well as a good locker room and community presence.

I love the trade.

I'm sure he's better than anyone that Saints had and special teams cost the Saints at minimum one game last season.   

A 7th Rd Pick for an old vet sucks but if they can get 3-4 years out of him, then it may be worth it. 

On 8/29/2017 at 0:07 PM, MookieMonster said:

He was on Americas Got Talent. He's hilarious.

You guys need to go check out the video of him doing magic for his new Saints teammates in the locker room... Pretty cool! Flawless snapper who appears to be a great locker room guy. Well worth a 2019 7th rounder.

On 8/29/2017 at 4:42 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Dreschers snaps have been inconsistent. Jon is a 14 year vet and great locker room character. Good compensation for a 7th rounder 2 years out.

The Eagles seemed to have loved him, as well as the fans. His story is tragic, but obviously he's made it out alright. He made the Pro Bowl twice as a long snapper. Basically he's a very experienced vet at a position of need, as well as a good locker room and community presence.

I love the trade.

Fine! .....that's all I've got.

I'm not upset that we gave a 7 for a contribute. What upsets me is the Saints are always on the end of giving up picks, rarely receiving them. That's all.

BTW, I watched his magic on AGT a few years ago and played it for people on my team. They loved it, and he's a cool dude.

Archived