Bucs interested in trading for LB Darron Lee

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well ****.

For everyone who doesn t want White, trading for Lee solves that problem.  Ultimately, if they draft a Devin or trade for Lee, it seems to me that guy will be the replacement for David as the every down LB within a year or two.  The other spot will be split between a true MLB and the money backer.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

For everyone who doesn t want White, trading for Lee solves that problem.  Ultimately, if they draft a Devin or trade for Lee, it seems to me that guy will be the replacement for David as the every down LB within a year or two.  The other spot will be split between a true MLB and the money backer.

If we let go David for Lee, we need to fire everyone.

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

If we let go David for Lee, we need to fire everyone.

It s not a matter of replacing this yr.  Not out of the realm Lavonte will be off the roster in 2 yrs.  Since Bowles believes in a money backer position, it seems he values 1 every down LB.  Plus in today s NFL it is not uncommon to see 3 CBs, 3 safeties, and 1 LB on the field.  So instead of investing a first round draft pick to eventually fill that position, trading for Lee gives them up to 2 yrs to find if he can be that guy.  

If a Devin is drafted in the first round this yr, I expect them to start next to David.  What they believe is that the prospect will grow into the role of every down LB instead of David.  One season, may be in season? Who knows.  I have no problem drafting a prospect in the first round who is believed to have the best chance at being elite at his position from their scouting eval.  That s why I really liked the Howard pick a few yrs ago.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s not a matter of replacing this yr.  Not out of the realm Lavonte will be off the roster in 2 yrs.  Since Bowles believes in a money backer position, it seems he values 1 every down LB.  Plus in today s NFL it is not uncommon to see 3 CBs, 3 safeties, and 1 LB on the field.  So instead of investing a first round draft pick to eventually fill that position, trading for Lee gives them up to 2 yrs to find if he can be that guy.  

If a Devin is drafted in the first round this yr, I expect them to start next to David.  What they believe is that the prospect will grow into the role of every down LB instead of David.  One season, may be in season? Who knows.  I have no problem drafting a prospect in the first round who is believed to have the best chance at being elite at his position from their scouting eval.  That s why I really liked the Howard pick a few yrs ago.

Lee has been a disappointment thus far. David is very capable of being an everydown LB. The stuff they had him do under Mike Smith was outwordly. I guess we’ll see what we got in LVD. I would never draft a LB in the top 5. Esp if the pass rush is still inconsistent. The DL makes the LB job easier not vice versa.

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Lee has been a disappointment thus far. David is very capable of being an everydown LB. The stuff they had him do under Mike Smith was outwordly. I guess we’ll see what we got in LVD. I would never draft a LB in the top 5. Esp if the pass rush is still inconsistent. The DL makes the LB job easier not vice versa.

You ve been very consistent on that view about not drafting an ILB high.  😀  I ve been on team Quinnen since day 1.  My big 3 has been Bosa, Allen, and Quinnen and felt there was a drop off after that.  After that on my amateur board there is about 5 prospects pretty close.

2 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

I really haven't seen or hear much about Lee.

But if we do in fact trade for him. They're thinking a 3rd. I wouldn't doubt we trade back from our pick if the big 3 aren't there.

To recoup the lost of the pick

3rd is too much

High as if go is 4th and that's after alot of negotiating 

Rather give a 5th

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

3rd is too much

High as if go is 4th and that's after alot of negotiating 

Rather give a 5th

yea we gave up a 3rd for JPP and Lee although on a rookie contract has little production to warrant a 3rd.  I would say a 5th will be what they give if they get him.

33 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Sounds like a GM try to create a trade mkt for the rest of the league is probably at most willing to give up a day 3 pick.  That ploy usually doesn t work out so well.

I’ll take him for a 5th and 6th. At worse he can be special teams.

Archived