First Mock ever. Only mock

JaireAlex

15 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

i completely agree 12 is “elite guy that fell” range.

Editing your overall message to focus on this point - which I find interesting.
Not challenging it - not questioning it - but in a conceptual sense, it highlights the "jump" these football players must be taking if only 12 of the hundreds of potential candidates have "elite" talent. Are there really that few top talents in a draft.....give or take. Thats an amazing stat when considered.

Thanks for the effort, but if this was our draft.....underwhelming.  Savage is the only starter (maybe) in their first year.

The defensive front seven should get one of the two first round picks.  Everyone but you thinks there is talent there.

Draft talent early not need.

3 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

In other threads you chastise GMs for reaching for picks, yet you keep pounding the table in favor of drafting based on need.  Do you not realize that drafting based on need is EXACTLY how you end up reaching?  It's exactly what you're doing here.

Not need at all.

Sorry.

This draft is very weak at the top. I totally would grab a top tier DL at 12. But if they are equal tackle > DL.

This board is obsessed with flashy toys and edge rushers. I get charisma's argument but DL = LT and I want to keep Rodgers out of the hospital. 

30 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Thanks for the effort, but if this was our draft.....underwhelming.  Savage is the only starter (maybe) in their first year.

The defensive front seven should get one of the two first round picks.  Everyone but you thinks there is talent there.

Draft talent early not need.

Is anyone running up the card on Wilkins? Where are these first round DL talents? LIS I would take Watt at 12. Pittsburgh passed him on medicals and I would take a 5 year edge that high. He was a solid prospect. This class is not good at the top 

I am drafting talent, not need. I don't see the talent. If we moved down at 30 & 44 there are  better value pics on D imo.And Gute grabbed edge in FA because he doesn't see it either. Sorry that's called reality.

I am ok if GB takes Oliver. And no one has made a strong case for other DL. They are not worth it. Maybe Clelin at 30 but that kid needs to do the field tests because I am not sure he is worth a first without them.

But there isn't anything else. And the Packers won't touch Burns there. Not one argument that the Packers would draft a Burns type: one 5th rounder in 30 years. Sorry. The forum is completely out of touch with how GB and Pettine actually draft.

Edited by JaireAlex

On 3/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, Leader said:

Editing your overall message to focus on this point - which I find interesting.
Not challenging it - not questioning it - but in a conceptual sense, it highlights the "jump" these football players must be taking if only 12 of the hundreds of potential candidates have "elite" talent. Are there really that few top talents in a draft.....give or take. Thats an amazing stat when considered.

This year?

Quinnen, Bosa, Allen

Jonah Williams I think.

White from LSU has the tools but he wasn’t a game changer.

Sweat will be drafted high, maybe even 4th  overall but expectations there should be year 2.

Hockenson is an elite classical TE prospect. As in- he doesn’t run 4.5 or less like a WR but you never take him off the field either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I hope they keep him around. But a plan that includes him staying healthy isn't a plan.

No argument regards his injury history, but he did play 14 games last year.
As far as the "plan" - in a kinda/sorta way, thats what Spriggs was intended to be around for.

2014 - 15 games
2015 - 12
2016 - 16
2017 - 5
2018 - 14

Releasing Bulaga in his final year would be dumb, just like releasing Daniels would have been. Just let these guys play out their contract and squeeze out whatever they have left to offer. Having a good RT is invaluable right now, even if he misses 2-4 games this season. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

No argument regards his injury history, but he did play 14 games last year.
As far as the "plan" - in a kinda/sorta way, thats what Spriggs was intended to be around for.

2014 - 15 games
2015 - 12
2016 - 16
2017 - 5
2018 - 14

Yeah. Then there's Spriggs. I don't know what to think of him. He shows promise one minute and is a turnstile the next. Spriggs' contract is up after this year too. Can you trust him to another deal ? Heck if I know. We are thinner there than what most fans think IMO. It sure would be nice if he showed just enough to get him on a bargain deal and insert him in 2020. 

Edited by cannondale

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yeah. Then there's Spriggs. I don't know what to think of him. He shows promise one minute and is a turnstile the next. Spriggs' contract is up after this year too. Can you trust him to another deal ? Heck if I know. We are thinner there than what most fans think IMO

Idk I'm not that much worried about the depth there, I  doubt we would leave this draft without picking a OL decently high anyways. You can always slide Turner to RT if need be too, so we're not crazy crazy thin even before the draft.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

9 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Idk I'm not that much worried about the depth there, I  doubt we would leave this draft without picking a OL decently high anyways. You can always slide Turner to RT if need be too, so we're not crazy crazy thin even before the draft.

Yeah. Turner is an option there. We will need two OL in this draft. I'm just not sure who projects well there for the pack.

We jumped up for Spriggs bc the talent has been low for a couple years. It's pretty good this year though I have only 2-3 clear Packers prospects in rounds 1-2.

We may have the opportunity to really solidy that line for the rest of Rodgers tenure. Wouldn't pass that chance by.

I really like Simmons at 30. He's a top notch kid and talent with a family brawl that was out of character. All depends on what they think of that left knee, but he is one of the only injured prospects I would ever really consider at 30. 

This draft is all about bigs for me. I think we take 3-4 between Oland DL. It can define Gute's career. I still have a hard time seeing "clear" picks for GB.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Close your eyes and chant after me.......

"Burns....Burns....Burns......"

:)

See my tweak at 4.112. I'd take him at 3.75. I also think he will have a better career than Burns. 

After further review and taking suggestions into consideration, if Dillard is not that high on GB's board and Wilkins also, I would move down. My reasoning is this: if Oliver is as billed, he should be gone top 10, no doubt. He's a better fit for 4-3. I would take him except very serious character concerns. 

Here's my tweaked draft assuming Dillard isn't a franchise LT.

1.15 (trade Wash.) T J. Hockenson. Only other TEs I like in the draft AT VALUE, are Moreau and Fant (30). A trade down makes this ok with me. Alt: Wilkins

1.30 I run up Jeffery Simmons card. If that left knee is not a bad tear as reported, I can't pass. I don't have a first round safety and 8 at about equal value for GB. Nothing else fits here. Simmons is two grades higher than anyone but Oliver and Williams and he is HIGHER CHARACTER than either imo. First rate kid that got into a street fight defending his sister in H.S., not DV and out of character. My favorite DL prospect in this class. Alt. Move up with the extra pick.

2.44 Lindstrom. One of two (maybe 3 with Taylor) 1-2 round grades that fit GB. We have drafted light weight in rounds 1-2 for years. This year is good for bigs. This is where Lindstrom should go though demand may take him earlier. Never know. Alt-- I like a move down to pick up talent in round three -4 which to me is the best value in this draft.

3.75 Darnell Savage. A swing for the fences. But I suspect they will take their favorite safety here.

3.78 Renell Wren DL A bigger Mike Neal weight room champ. Raw. Team captain. Eye Turner at Senior Bowl. Miscast at NT. Not as good a prospect as Chris Jones who I wanted in 2016. Alt: many great DL here. Likely BPA.

4.112 Harris  safety again. Maybe they take one later but safety is likely BPA here. Several are getting slept on and are steals. Both he and Savage can do some slot and we only have one slot cb. Our 4  CBs are barely breaking their teeth  in. Bad class. Low need. Safety we need two starters still.

4. 115 Christian Miller (edge Alabama) Has a hammy. Seems that is typical with edge. CMIII and Perry missed a lot -- rather have that at 3.75 or 4.112 than 1.12. Miller is my favorite edge after Allen. Part time. Upgrade over Fackrell. That gives us five upgrades at pass rush this year: Miller, Savage, Smith, Smith, and Wren/Simmons. We can go CB/DL first round for the next four years. Edge are not premium for Pettine. (Alt -- there are half dozen slot receivers here and that is probably BPA and a bigger need). Or Gustin round five, just keep him out of the gym and make him sleep more.

5.150 Ben Bur-Kirven. Backup to Martinez. Undersized but maybe a better prospect than Martinez. Similar limitations. But the front five's job is to keep him clean. I love the Packers run D when they  are healthy. Alt--BPA or another LB.

5.160ish (move up 6&7) Ozigbo RB a three down back up. Alt. any  back up RB.

Last BPA or priority UDFA like OT Pipkins

Summary. I hit all our needs at value. Would have preferred to address the o-line for the next five years but this would be a solid draft imo. Team has a ton of holes now esp as to future and depth. I thought the D was solid before injuries last year and safety is the real concern there and DL going forward. Pettine puts a high premium on two spots it seems: cb and DL. Because edge is less of premium I see us more likely to move up in Future drafts to get "ours". Simmons (maybe Wilkins) only STAND OUT for me. Oliver is too high for a character risk -- I don't trust him at all and this team has locker room problems.

• Like 1

2 of the top 3 picks are non-premium positions.  Third pick   The premium position is a kid who will miss most of the year.  So redshirt.  He's a rookie in two years with stunted development.  Hard pass for me on those picks.  

I like the other picks.

Never heard about "character issues" concerning Oliver.  Also haven't really looked, only watched about 15 minutes of his tape.  Do you have a link for those character issues that you can share?