First Mock ever. Only mock

JaireAlex

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

2 of the top 3 picks are non-premium positions.  Third pick   The premium position is a kid who will miss most of the year.  So redshirt.  He's a rookie in two years with stunted development.  Hard pass for me on those picks.  

I like the other picks.

Never heard about "character issues" concerning Oliver.  Also haven't really looked, only watched about 15 minutes of his tape.  Do you have a link for those character issues that you can share?

For a pick at 12, I am concerned about the maturity, H.S. kid mentality, diva. Thats my character flag, not a high school incident of a stellar academic and player -- best kid in 30 years per Simmons' coach. Compare Oliver mouthing off at his coach like he owns the university. That is a major red flag at 12. Oliver is a better 4-3 fit. He's dinged up and can't test......so far. But it's that diva that downgrades him for me. Not Aaron Donald.

I would only take Hock with a move down or a move up from 30, just cuz I am not impressed with the premium position options. I don't like this edge class except Allen and Bosa-- all risk picks imo. Dillard, Wilkins, Oliver (minus maturity), Taylor (???) is really all I have. I would be happy if we grabbed any of these three.

Hock and Simmons have become my draft crushes I guess. So there's that. We were able to move down and up last year and get one of  "our guys"-- premium cb. Don't see too many Packer "guys" this year: ie 1st round grade edge, DL, LT, CB.

Ideally we could move down to take Oliver, Wilkins or Dillard. Move up for Hock. I don't see a value at WR or RB until round 4. Hock or Fant are the only offensive impact weapons and Hock is the sure thing and a better fit. Hock is just such a safe pick: LaFleur can run the offense thru him....so I have him as a high value TE in a weak Round one.

And to summarize a decade of low round picks: We only got one of "our" first round guys with Bulaga, Clark, Alexander after two in 2009.  The rest were the best shot available. We just missed on Wilkerson, and a litany of others. Still don't get how Pittsburg passed Watt on meds and we failed him.

My guess (and I am not sure here) is that Wilkins and Dillard have very high marks on GB's board........maybe Oliver. Allen, Williams, Bosa won't drop. I view White and Bush like Mosely or Shazier; even if they were studs, it's an insane price. Neither Bush nor White scream sure thing at non premium positions. Give me Lawrence (who I think BB will take later) there intead. As always, there are likely a couple DL or maybe an edge that GB has very high, flying under my radar.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Don't see too many Packer "guys" this year: ie 1st round grade edge, DL, LT, CB.

Sweat, Ferrell, and Burns aren't 1st round grade edge rushers? O.o That's news to me. And that's not even including the top tier rushers like Allen and Bosa who definitely won't last to 12.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Sweat, Ferrell, and Burns aren't 1st round grade edge rushers? O.o That's news to me. And that's not even including the top tier rushers like Allen and Bosa who definitely won't last to 12.

Maybe Sweat, but he needs a lot of work. Hard to say he is top twelve AND we don't need pass rush. Bosa and Allen are gone.

Ferrell is round two unless he tests. Burns is off my Packers board ----- skinny, easy pass. Any many have Burns much lower for that reason. I've only seen Seattle have success with that type.

I would take Watt at 12 in a heartbeat. Don't know what his meds were but that is our body type for edge, and Pettine gets prefers pressure up the middle. Maybe he is salivating over Oliver. Idk.

36 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

For a pick at 12, I am concerned about the maturity, H.S. kid mentality, diva. Thats my character flag, not a high school incident of a stellar academic and player -- best kid in 30 years per Simmons' coach. Compare Oliver mouthing off at his coach like he owns the university. That is a major red flag at 12. Oliver is a better 4-3 fit. He's dinged up and can't test......so far. But it's that diva that downgrades him for me. Not Aaron Donald.---I've not heard about any of that concerning Oliver.  Thanks for sharing.  Agree he's a better 4-3 fit, but with how much nickle is run, I don't think it matters.  I dig the athlete there.  And I don't really mind the attitude.  Daniels has talked tough his entire career and he's been just fine when on the field.  I think Oliver can be much better than Daniels and would be an amazing guy to have next to Clark.  

I would only take Hock with a move down or a move up from 30, just cuz I am not impressed with the premium position options. I don't like this edge class except Allen and Bosa-- all risk picks imo. Dillard, Wilkins, Oliver (minus maturity), Taylor (???) is really all I have. I would be happy if we grabbed any of these three.--Big part of me hopes that Allen somehow drops to #6 and we can move up to get him.  He's pretty amazing and a clear cut above the rest of the EDGES not named Bosa.

Hock and Simmons have become my draft crushes I guess. So there's that. We were able to move down and up last year and get one of  "our guys"-- premium cb. Don't see too many Packer "guys" this year: ie 1st round grade edge, DL, LT, CB.---My draft crush at TE is Fant, but I can certainly see where MLF would freakin' LOVE Hoch for his offense.  We would too.  I just despise the value of TE at #12, though.  Total yes to trading down (or up) to secure him.  He'd have an impact, for sure.

Ideally we could move down to take Oliver, Wilkins or Dillard. Move up for Hock. I don't see a value at WR or RB until round 4. Hock or Fant are the only offensive impact weapons and Hock is the sure thing and a better fit. Hock is just such a safe pick: LaFleur can run the offense thru him....so I have him as a high value TE in a weak Round one.---Round 4.  Very much agree that is the round for RB or WR.  Big fan of Wilkens, too.

And to summarize a decade of low round picks: We only got one of "our" first round guys with Bulaga, Clark, Alexander after two in 2009.  The rest were the best shot available. We just missed on Wilkerson, and a litany of others. Still don't get how Pittsburg passed Watt on meds and we failed him.

My guess (and I am not sure here) is that Wilkins and Dillard have very high marks on GB's board........maybe Oliver. Allen, Williams, Bosa won't drop. I view White and Bush like Mosely or Shazier; even if they were studs, it's an insane price. Neither Bush nor White scream sure thing at non premium positions. Give me Lawrence (who I think BB will take later) there intead. As always, there are likely a couple DL or maybe an edge that GB has very high, flying under my radar.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Lost your quotes here

????

Yeah.

I need to juice up those first three picks. I'm not feeling it in this class. Wilkins or Oliver I am down with. I'm sure they pass on Simmons. John Dorsey said this class has only 15 first rounders. No way he gives up 17 for Odell if that's not the case imo. That's why I'm kinda ok with Hock after a move down. It's end of round one for all practical purposes in this draft.

Part of my problem is lacking good picks esp at 30 and 44. Sounds like they like Harry. In THIS class I'd be ok with Harry at 30, certainly 44. Hadn't really considered WR high. 

Packers brass were at Harry (and Wren)'s pro day today and a game earlier this season. Could definitely see Moreau at 112 and grabbing Harry with 30 or 44. 

(Neal was a stud BALLER in college and pro-- not a diva. He slipped only because of height. But I would be happy if the Packers got to choose between Wilkins and Oliver at 12 and got their man.)

New brass don't seem as top secret as TT in the past:

ttps://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/01/packers-were-in-attendance-for-nkeal-harrys-big-day-vs-usc/

Wow do I hate it.  I don't see even a contributor for next year in this class much less anyone who's going to start.  We'd be lucky to get 600 snaps out of this entire class next year.  

This would be us completely punting on next season IMO.  

15 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Yeah.

I need to juice up those first three picks. I'm not feeling it in this class. Wilkins or Oliver I am down with. I'm sure they pass on Simmons. John Dorsey said this class has only 15 first rounders. No way he gives up 17 for Odell if that's not the case imo. That's why I'm kinda ok with Hock after a move down. It's end of round one for all practical purposes in this draft.---I don't give much credence to what other GM's say about the draft.  Dorsey got Odell because the Giants needed to move on and re-stock the roster.  Dorsey didn't give up much for a guy that is that talented (morso than any rookie in this class) and under contract for a number of years.  I think you can do much better than Hoch in the first round, but totally get that he'd fit nicely with what MLF wants to do on offense with his tight end.

Part of my problem is lacking good picks esp at 30 and 44. Sounds like they like Harry. In THIS class I'd be ok with Harry at 30, certainly 44. Hadn't really considered WR high. --I don't consider a WR high either.  I think the value is best in the fourth round there.  And should GB take one, I hope they take one who profiles differently than MVS, ESB and Moore.  Get a smaller/quicker more slot ready receiver.  

Packers brass were at Harry (and Wren)'s pro day today and a game earlier this season. Could definitely see Moreau at 112 and grabbing Harry with 30 or 44. ---I think it is safe to say that GB scouts were at most every prospects game at some point and time.  Brass was at Arizona State because a meeting was there and it was convenient.  I wouldn't read too much into Gute being there.  Many GM's were.  As far as the GB top picks go....I see a nice path to a few really good players at #12 and #30.  #44 is pretty fuzzy to me.  I'd almost prefer a trade down (if Oliver and Burns aren't there) and then a trade up from #44.  I'd move off of #30, too, if the right guy was falling.  As much as I love those first three picks, I can really see GB moving around with them.

(Neal was a stud BALLER in college and pro-- not a diva. He slipped only because of height. But I would be happy if the Packers got to choose between Wilkins and Oliver at 12 and got their man.)---I'm good with Wilkens or Oliver.  I like Oliver a little better for the quickness, but Wilkens has better size and some pretty good quickness, too.  Either would look good next to Clark inside.  Have to wonder if the reason they haven't signed Mo yet is because they have their eye on a few good DL in the draft.  Keep Mo on speed dial if they don't land one.

New brass don't seem as top secret as TT in the past:

ttps://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/01/packers-were-in-attendance-for-nkeal-harrys-big-day-vs-usc/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Only Sweat at 30. Just how I see it.

Simmons is my number one on Green Bay's board. Plus plus character. I don't have any problem with the HS incident. It's even a plus. Kid blacked out defending his family. That is past and way overblown. This is my highest character DL in round one. 

I am betting he makes the field by August to October too. Easy pick for me at 30. 

Packers will be very high on plus locker room guys/football players this year. That's their MO. Moreso this year with the locker room melt down

Finally, Pettine values bigs way way more than edge. Why we grabbed two in FA. The focus of this draft is obvious. GB wants bigs every year. It's just that we draft too low or they aren't there like last year.

I would be very happy with Simmons. Gonna be a stud. Hard to find bigs with heart. He has it all imo.

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

--I don't give much credence to what other GM's say about the draft.  Dorsey got Odell because the Giants needed to move on and re-stock the roster.  Dorsey didn't give up much for a guy that is that talented (morso than any rookie in this class) and under contract for a number of years.  I think you can do much better than Hoch in the first round, but totally get that he'd fit nicely with what MLF wants to do on offense with his tight end.

Same as my point. Not great top talent or he doesn't surrender that pick.

I don't consider a WR high either.  I think the value is best in the fourth round there.  And should GB take one, I hope they take one who profiles differently than MVS, ESB and Moore.  Get a smaller/quicker more slot ready receiver.  

Packers brass were at Harry (and Wren)'s pro day today and a game earlier this season. Could definitely see Moreau at 112 and grabbing Harry with 30 or 44. ---I think it is safe to say that GB scouts were at most every prospects game at some point and time.  Brass was at Arizona State because a meeting was there and it was convenient.  I wouldn't read too much into Gute being there.  Many GM's were.  As far as the GB top picks go....I see a nice path to a few really good players at #12 and #30.  #44 is pretty fuzzy to me.  I'd almost prefer a trade down (if Oliver and Burns aren't there) and then a trade up from #44.  I'd move off of #30, too, if the right guy was falling.  As much as I love those first three picks, I can really see GB moving around with them.

(Have to wonder if the reason they haven't signed Mo yet is because they have their eye on a few good DL in the draft.  Keep Mo on speed dial if they don't land one.

Good point on Mo. Also tipping their hat on safety by letting so many go. But this is a deep draft at both. No brainer we will target our guys with the draft capital we have.

I meant Mike Daniels (not Neal). He was a great great player at Iowa with stats too. I don't see it in Oliver. GB puts a premium on football/locker room guys like Daniels, Cobb etc. And I think moreso this year. Simmons is still my guy. Just depends on what they think of that left knee (and I assume it's not his get off leg). I have him number one overall on GB's board. Why they had Clark over Chris Jones too. Character/heart is huge with this team. And they took some risks there before that did not work (but that was because they were desperate imo).

I am betting Simmons makes the field by Aug-Oct. It's a 6-8 month minor tear. All depends how they see the risk on it really. We almost never get a shot at a Simmons. Simmons at 30>>>Harrell at 11.  And Pettine has DL >> Edge. Need meets BPA this year.

That will be interesting to see draft day. Every team is figuring where to put Simmons. With two ones, we could have him highest after Raiders. Hope they take Williams at 4.

14 hours ago, SSG said:

Wow do I hate it.  I don't see even a contributor for next year in this class much less anyone who's going to start.  We'd be lucky to get 600 snaps out of this entire class next year.  

This would be us completely punting on next season IMO.  

The two safties alone will get more than that.

And draft is about future. But I agree some of my picks are off base here.

11 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Only Sweat at 30. Just how I see it.

Simmons is my number one on Green Bay's board. Plus plus character. I don't have any problem with the HS incident. It's even a plus. Kid blacked out defending his family. That is past and way overblown. This is my highest character DL in round one. 

I am betting he makes the field by August to October too. Easy pick for me at 30. 

Packers will be very high on plus locker room guys/football players this year. That's their MO. Moreso this year with the locker room melt down

Finally, Pettine values bigs way way more than edge. Why we grabbed two in FA. The focus of this draft is obvious. GB wants bigs every year. It's just that we draft too low or they aren't there like last year.

I would be very happy with Simmons. Gonna be a stud. Hard to find bigs with heart. He has it all imo.

If you don't consider Ferrell or Burns 1st round caliber prospects, you can't have more than 15 first round caliber guys on your board. First round caliber doesn't equate to perfect. 

Simmons should be number 1 on no one's board so long as Bosa or Williams are still breathing. Even before you take into account his injury and hitting a woman.

Where the **** are you getting plus character from? Because his highschool coach said so? Get real.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/6288848/jeffery_simmons_fight

Such self defense. Sure. Even ignoring the part about him hitting her, watching him strut around as his sister continues to harass the woman on the ground is a little stomach turning.

But let's overlook that because Ed Oliver wanted to wear a jacket on the sideline when injured. 

Get the **** out of here.

Pettine trys to generate pressure from the interior, that does not mean that he values interior guys extensively more. They're both premium spots. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you don't consider Ferrell or Burns 1st round caliber prospects, you can't have more than 15 first round caliber guys on your board. First round caliber doesn't equate to perfect. 

Simmons should be number 1 on no one's board so long as Bosa or Williams are still breathing. Even before you take into account his injury and hitting a woman.

Where the **** are you getting plus character from? Because his highschool coach said so? Get real.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/6288848/jeffery_simmons_fight

Such self defense. Sure. Even ignoring the part about him hitting her, watching him strut around as his sister continues to harass the woman on the ground is a little stomach turning.

But let's overlook that because Ed Oliver wanted to wear a jacket on the sideline when injured. 

Get the **** out of here.

Pettine trys to generate pressure from the interior, that does not mean that he values interior guys extensively more. They're both premium spots. 

Chill, dude

Happened in high school. You didn't see it all.  He has strong support on character since and before. Please review the court records before you ax someone's whole life on one incident. Dorsey defended him in Arizona. This over criticism of misdemeanors of high school  kids disgusts me.

Rapelesburger should be in prison and plenty others. Take your faux outrage elsewhere

The league and society are disgusting when it comes to crime. Give me a break and get a grip

Edited by JaireAlex

7 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Chill, dude

Happened in high school. You didn't see it all.  He has strong support on character since and before. Please review the court records before you ax someone's whole life on one incident. Dorsey defended him in Arizona. This over criticism of misdemeanors of high school  kids disgusts me.

Rapelesburger should be in prison and plenty others. Take your faux outrage elsewhere

The league and society are disgusting when it comes to crime. Give me a break and get a grip

1. Pretty sure he was 18 when it happened and an adult.

2. Who has strongly supported his character? All people with a vested financial interest in him succeeding.

3. There's no reason for him and his sister to be punching a woman who is lying on the ground. **** that. As for the court records, definitely going to trust the guy's entire family was there to lie for him. And the word of police when it comes to high profile college players are basically inconsequential when it comes to football players when there's actual video. 

4. Roethlisberger definitely should have been charged. Just like Simmons should have been charged. And if there was video of Roethlisberger, I'd have the same stance. There's plenty of gray area with Roethlisberger, there's very little with Simmons. If you're looking for someone to support Roethlisberger, it isn't me. 

5. Ask yourself the question, if he had been hitting an attractive white woman, instead of an obese black woman, how does this situation change in your mind?

6. **** off with your morally Superior stance. You're the one talking about how a guy and his sister hitting a woman on the ground is an elite character prospect. If you wanted to say that it's an issue you're willing to move past, fine. But Williams or Oliver have never been in trouble for putting their hands on women.