First Mock ever. Only mock

JaireAlex

55 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm glad that at least you didn't say 'a lady'.  The video only starts at the point he was striking her, I would bet there was an interesting scenario that led up to that point.  Not defending him in the least, but at least he owned up to it and form what I've read, has followed and completed everything asked of him since.  It's a different world than most of us grew up in.

In memory of MM though.....he maintained nice pad level.....too soon?  It was three years ago.

Just trying to imagine any scenario where this looks better with more video included? She doesn't have a knife or gun that I'm seeing?

What's more likely we see here, him punching the woman in the face or throwing her to the ground? Or some crazy scenario we're all cool with?

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just trying to imagine any scenario where this looks better with more video included? ....

Here's what happened before. The woman in blue started throwing punches. He tried getting her off at first. Said he blacked out. Didn't know what he did.

I just take him at his word.

14 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Here's what happened before. The woman in blue started throwing punches. He tried getting her off at first. Said he blacked out. Didn't know what he did.

This video makes the whole situation worse. He separated the girl from his sister then proceeds to punch her repeatedly while she is defenseless, when he could've just gotten his sister out of there. There was not a single punch thrown at him and even if there was, there is no defense for what he did. There is no way he is on Gute's board and if they picked him I would be very disappointed. 

Dorsey defended him because he doesn't care about players' off the field character, he has proven that time after time. 

51 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

At least that doesn't make it worse I guess? 

If he did "Black out" and commit what likely would have been a felony for someone who wasn't a massive football star, he should be institutionalized. 

What if it happens again?

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

At least that doesn't make it worse I guess? 

If he did "Black out" and commit what likely would have been a felony for someone who wasn't a massive football star, he should be institutionalized. 

What if it happens again?

When he pulls the woman off, she still has a hold of his sister. He then starts hitting her. Not that this is ok and with all the people around there I’d find it hard to justify as he’s just defending his sister unless everyone else there was with the other woman. Not good. 

Do you really think that short flurry of punches constitutes a felony? Wasn’t he a minor when this happened? Kids fight all the time. Not necessarily with the other sex but he was a minor right?  

I’m not defending what he did at all I’m just trying to put this into a little perspective. I feel many of us wish we would have handled situations better at 17 too. Some people also grow up in a different world than most of us do. Pending an interview or two I believe he’d be on my board. 

4 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

When he pulls the woman off, she still has a hold of his sister. He then starts hitting her. Not that this is ok and with all the people around there I’d find it hard to justify as he’s just defending his sister unless everyone else there was with the other woman. Not good. 

Do you really think that short flurry of punches constitutes a felony? Wasn’t he a minor when this happened? Kids fight all the time. Not necessarily with the other sex but he was a minor right?  

I’m not defending what he did at all I’m just trying to put this into a little perspective. I feel many of us wish we would have handled situations better at 17 too. Some people also grow up in a different world than most of us do. Pending an interview or two I believe he’d be on my board. 

Does he look like a minor to you ?? He could have killed her

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

Does he look like a minor to you ?? He could have killed her

Totally agree but a minor is a minor mentally no matter how big they are. We have a young man from my town who was wrestling at heavyweight. 6’7” 260#. His problem is when he looks in the mirror he sees a little boy. What I mean by that is he doesn’t realize how big and tough he could be, he’s a little soft right now; immature, that will change. He’s also very close to the age Simmons was in that video I believe. That’s my point. 

Maybe I didn’t see the whole thing but that short burst of punches hardly looks like a felony. Terrible thing but a felony? 

15 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

I hadn't seen this, now I'd rather avoid this guy if possible. He may be a kid but he had basically two modes: watching the show or punching the woman. Not a hint of the sensible thing which is separating them and using his very superior strength to just push her away.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just trying to imagine any scenario where this looks better with more video included? She doesn't have a knife or gun that I'm seeing?

What's more likely we see here, him punching the woman in the face or throwing her to the ground? Or some crazy scenario we're all cool with?

No one is 'cool' with it. I just don't blame him nearly as much as others there. And he learned from it. How long will you punish him?

It was 'out of character'.  Past. And that is not something I will hold over a kid. Far worse character prospects get picked every year. KC has suffered the consequences for grabbing character picks. I don't put Simmons in that group at all. 

But I grew up and taught in some really rough parts of town. I can see this very different than some of y'all. I simply don't put as much blame on the kid. The adults created that situation if you read the background and he tried to handle it better.

20 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I hadn't seen this, now I'd rather avoid this guy if possible. He may be a kid but he had basically two modes: watching the show or punching the woman. Not a hint of the sensible thing which is separating them and using his very superior strength to just push her away.

We're not watching the same thing then. He did pull her off....twice.

Again, he said he "blacked out." He didn't know what he did til he saw the video later and didn't recognize himself. Do you understand that? It never happened before or again. So, it was not a measure of his 'character.' 

What did he mean by that? What happened? Why did it happen? It's pretty reasonable. He saw his sister getting attacked and beaten by the woman in blue. He "lost it". If he had full faculties, he would never have done it. Not who he is and that's what others say and what I see in his interviews -- seems like a nice kid. He was about 230lbs at the time too. Just a big kid.

Does that not make sense? He's not a punk or bully. I totally believe his story. He was sorry for it. The court gave him a lesser charge because of circumstances. Court saw it that way too. He was just a HS kid not an NFL, special treatment, situation. There is so much worse crap that goes on and the NFL covers up ****loads of far more serious things. Hernandez, anyone? Kid paid and learned and paid the medical bills too. The woman in blue, his mom, and his sister started it.

Now if he was a full adult and that's not his sister and mom, it's a very different situation and I am much more concerned. But I gotta cut him some slack and even if not, he learned, was sorry, reformed, and seems an outstanding kid now. Not gonna ruin his career over it.

And truly I hate the double standards and hypocracy in the NFL. At bottom they only care about image and PR or they WOULD stand up for this kid because he did come away much better for it.

Just reading along and need a clarification of terms.....

When its said "He blacked out" or "He said he blacked out".......

Whats that actually meaning? From the way it reads here, he "blacked out" yet continued to engage in the melee?

It's my understanding that when/if somebody blacks out - they drop to the ground (or become) unconscious.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just reading along and need a clarification of terms.....

When its said "He blacked out" or "He said he blacked out".......

Whats that actually meaning? From the way it reads here, he "blacked out" yet continued to engage in the melee?

It's my understanding that when/if somebody blacks out - they drop to the ground (or become) unconscious.

Rage black out. Same as drunken black out.

You literally do not know what you are doing.

In Simmos case, he saw his sister getting beaten. Really, if it happened like he said, I don't put much blame on him. He repented and made sure it would never happen again. It hasn't. What more do you want?

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

We're not watching the same thing then. He did pull her off....twice.

• First punch is thrown at 0:47
  • He stands watching the fight until 0:56 when he shoves the other girl twice while they are in the ground. It doesn't strike me as pulling her off or trying to stop the fight but rather helping his sister.
  • Goes back to watching at 1:00
  • At 1:15 he decides to pull her off and follow with a few punches while she's on the floor
  • Then he proceeds to make a lap around the car while shouting something (not a good audio and I'm not a native speaker so I can't make out what he's saying)

Look, if you want to believe he's matured since then it's fine, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility or anything like that. I'm just saying that video is bad and saying he "blacked out" is the lamest, most cop out excuse he could have come with. Losing control like that is not a good look.

Again, I'm not trying to convince you, and personal interviews will probably make or break his situation with different teams having different perspectives on this incident. It's just that for me, personally, I'd rather not have him around, that's all.

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Rage black out. Same as drunken black out.

You literally do not know what you are doing.

In Simmos case, he saw his sister getting beaten. Really, if it happened like he said, I don't put much blame on him. He repented and made sure it would never happen again. It hasn't. What more do you want?

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
As stated, I'm just reading along here and havent watched the incident. As I've no intention of offering an opinion about it - no need to see it.
I feel relatively certain Gute isnt going to draft the guy - so its kind of moot IMO.

In any case, I dont buy the "blacked out and didnt realize/know what I was doing" idea. Thats not blacking out.
"I got really angry and freaked out......"
"I got enraged and couldnt control myself......."
"I was tripping on some really nasty **** and went bezerk......"
Those would apply better...but wouldnt really help in explaining things........ :)

In any case, thanks for the clarificatin.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
As stated, I'm just reading along here and havent watched the incident. As I've no intention of offering an opinion about it - no need to see it.
I feel relatively certain Gute isnt going to draft the guy - so its kind of moot IMO.

In any case, I dont buy the "blacked out and didnt realize/know what I was doing" idea. Thats not blacking out.
"I got really angry and freaked out......"
"I got enraged and couldnt control myself......."
"I was tripping on some really nasty **** and went bezerk......"
Those would apply better...but wouldnt really help in explaining things........ :)

In any case, thanks for the clarificatin.

Actually, "blacking out" is a real thing and does happen, just like in drinking. So whether you believe it or not, doesn't matter. It happens and there's plenty written on it in pyschology. Of course, one can prevent it, but I don't blame Simmons cause it had never happened before. You don't even remember what you did.

Archived