First Mock ever. Only mock

JaireAlex

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Again, I'm not trying to convince you, and personal interviews will probably make or break his situation with different teams having different perspectives on this incident. It's just that for me, personally, I'd rather not have him around, that's all.

That's fine.

We just disagree. I can understand where you are coming from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

Actually, "blacking out" is a real thing and does happen, just like in drinking. So whether you believe it or not, doesn't matter. It happens and there's plenty written on it in pyschology. Of course, one can prevent it, but I don't blame Simmons cause it had never happened before. You don't even remember what you did.

Hmmmmmm......not applying it to whatever happened here....but it's a fairly convenient explanation: It doesnt need a history of prior occurrence and you cant remember a thing if it does happen and you do something untoward.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Hmmmmmm......not applying it to whatever happened here....but it's a fairly convenient explanation: It doesnt need a history of prior occurrence and you cant remember a thing if it does happen and you do something untoward.

Why do you think he is lying?

Watch his interviews. Also read those who back his character. Really the only way to fairly judge the matter.

7 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Why do you think he is lying?  Watch his interviews. Also read those who back his character. Really the only way to fairly judge the matter.

?

I didnt say he or anybody was lying. I specifically said I'm "not applying it to whatever happened here" I'm not interested (nor do I have a need) to judge the matter. Based on comments from our GM, I dont think GB will draft him. So its an event in the past of a guy that wont be playing for GB. I imagine there's more than a few  such stories given the hundreds of draft candidates.  

On 3/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, JaireAlex said:

Why do you think he is lying?

Watch his interviews. Also read those who back his character. Really the only way to fairly judge the matter.

Always careful of someones words following an incident that should carry major consequences - like jail time.

The dude holding the smoking gun will say anything to save his azz.

Edited by cannondale

Based on the off-season and the focus on WR as well as neglecting offense forever, I changed my mind and want to take out all the stops on improving offense.

The draft is deep at DL and safety this year and I only like one DL/edge at 12. I prefer grabbing them later in 2-4 and taking the top O talent with the first picks. It's solid but a short list.

It all depends how they grade Dillard, Harry, and Jacobs imo. Those are the top talents and not much else. Trade down with the Steelers, 12 for the 20 and 52.

Pick 20 -- this is K'Neal Harry (since Dillard is gone). That gives us Adams, MVS, EQ, Harry -- a fearsome foursome. The question is whether Harry makes it past the Steelers and Colts or any one else. He's the best WR in the draft. With a trade down and extra pick this is great value and the number one or two offensive player on our whole board. One of four players that can make the offense feared again.

Pick 39 (we miss on Jacobs and do the trade with Tampa for 39 & 70) Chris Lindstrom. A little rich, but whatever we can to boost the Oline. I'd prefer a tackle but that will be developmental or next year. We now have at least four guys on the line that can run LaFleur's offense. Last year's mess at guards is fixed. And  we still have four picks in the top 75 (44, 52, 70, & 75 remaining). We boost the O and have a ton of very high upside DL and some solid edge and safeties later.

Pick 44 Dexter Lawrence won't be here. But many are dropping Ngata 2.0 to round two. I don't think he gets past the Titans. But if things play out this way, DL is BVA here. I just don't have a clear idea who GB likes. I think injured Simmons is off the board. He would have been my pick at 12 if he weren't injured. And if meds checked out I would have been happy with Lawrence at 12 also. I like Clark but Lawrence will be better and he has potential to play all over the line. There are 8 DL I like in this draft and some of my favorites after Q Williams are round 3-4. We can upgrade both Clark and Daniels. That's the overall best value opportunity in this draft class. With extra picks, we won't miss out. Why a move down is key. We need to fix the O and take advantage of this draft class's strength while stocking up. Lawrence is a far better talent imo than Wilkins and younger. Seems like a good character as well. Injury may be the only concern. He had almost as much pressure from NT as Wilkins on that line 

Pick 52 I actually don't really want Andy Isabella, but Pauline says the Packers are all over him. Cody Thompson or Penny Hart seems better value later, but he lit up the Senior Bowl and is a jitterbug with speed. I don't have a real clear altrrnative here and I like the edge in round 3-4. That gives us clearly SIX different WRs in the room assuming Allison makes it back from injury. With Lewis and Graham, we are back to 2011. Mismatch nightmare for DCs. This is the real goal of this draft. Get her done, Gute. No way in my mind Isabella is worth more than this. I am relieved if he's gone and we take better value in round four or five. But  we would have Allison, Adams, Isabella, EQ and Harry to mismatch and fill the shoes of beat up Cobb. Arod has a lot less pressure to carry the team alone.

Pick 70 Kahale Warring (or Sternberger or Moreau depending on how the run on TEs fall out). He's my #2 TE in the class, neck and neck with Jace A futures pick here. Moreau is the fall back, as I see him: a try hard with a good floor,  high athlete and good hands.

Pick 75 Amani Hooker or some safety they like more to fill the one void on D and an immediate need. Hooker might be the most pro ready and reliable safety in the class. Adderly is injured. CGJ and Savage have reliability questions. No brainer but there's another excellent 5 prospects that will make at least solid starters.

That gives us Harry, Turner, Lindstrom, Isabella and Warring. On defense, Amos, the Smith & Smith, a high end DL (?), and a second starting safety. 5 starters on defense, 5 starters on offense. Not sure how to make better use of our draft capital in this deep class. Plenty of solid day three picks to boot.

We have four  solid day 3 picks left and no needs. I am targeting another DL and edge (Joe Johnson - Miami?). But I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger at Pick 112 on Damien Harris (RB Alabama). If they really like him, move up. I'm not cheapskating offense.  With this draft, Superbowl is a real goal this year. Pettine is far better than Capers and if guys stay healthy, our defense is top ten with this offensive juggernaut. As to Harris, Jacobs is much better but Harris will  fight for the yards. Good vision, doesn't go down easy. Blocks decent. Can catch at least out of the backfield . He's not just a backup but a third option. The rest the day 3 picks are developmental. Too many good ones. With 5-6 on day three, we add good depth. But the goal is achieved. The only hole is RT on offense to be priority one in next draft or a day three project this year. The best defense is good offense. Arod can now return to 2011. GB is feared, not laughed at. And that's as many day one and two picks on offense as the last SEVEN years combined. TT failed. MM failed. Capers big failed. This draft can be historic, esp with the DL gems in later rounds.

Edited by JaireAlex

So two rookie WRs AND a rookie TE are going to start?  The historical odds are that half of your picks will bust.

Personally, I don't like AZ state WRs.  They don't usually meet expectations.  If fact, who was the last one who did?

"The best defense is a good offense"  Are you ****ting me? This just leaves me speechless. 

• Like 1

All right.

Last shot. Very important to note alternates-- all lower picks that GB is already high on or make sense.

The 12 I really think will go OT or DL. Only guys I got this high are Simmons, Dillard (who is likely gone), and Lawrence. I love later edge, not the top. No CBs here. No premiums worth 12. GB may have a different view. But I move down for Pitssburg's 20&52

20 Lot a ways this can play. I'm not sold on Tillery, but he's my #4 DL. Offense: Jacobs, Campbell, Hock, Fant (?), Lindstrom, Scharping are my top guys. Safety -- we go round 3-5 for that. Is Lawrence still here? Simmons? Parris Campbell it is over Jacobs because he's WR and he brings more than anyone else. I'm heading him as a Percy Harvin type. It's rich, but Baltimore will grab him at 22. WR is more palatable after a move down than Jacobs or Hock. The 52 will get us a premier position. Alt: Isabella at 63 by jumping Arizona.

With guys off the board, we trade with Jags who grab a QB (a rumored trade) for 39&70.

39 Chris Lindstrom This puts the questions on the line to rest til next year. Turner is at LG. Both guards are set. Spriggs gets one more year and may be second best to Dillard at RT. Bulaga is starter/back up. Alt: Scharping (RT/swing) in round 2-3.

44 Banogu over Miller just because meds. Miller is my top prospect. No worse than the top guys imo and I like his film better. Bosa's injury and sitting out, avoiding tests just doesn't sit well with me. Miller is less raw than many of the top guys. Banogu is quite raw but may fit better. These are actually my favorite two edge in the class. 

52 Wren from Arizona State. Alt: too many to decide. That gives us  rotational DL and edge and future starters. Khalen Saunders? Maybe not-- The key for Pettine's is variability. Wilkerson can play all over. I'm not a judge of who fits best in this scheme. They will target whoever they think can play multiple spots in 3-4/4-3, online and offline. All about multiplicity, unpredictability. I'm going to review DL for this. Lawrence fits I think. My last review B4 draft will be looking again for these traits. Guys that can be moved around.

70 Kahale Warring, Sternberger, or Moreau (later). Deepest class of TEs. 

75 Amani Hooker. Reliable. Ball hawk. Multiple. My top fit for Pettine. Alt-- no idea really. It's hard to scout safety, but it is a very deep class. Whoever we grab needs to be able to play slot, high, everything. I like Will Harris from BC too. Jones and the rookie last year will play up at the line as a rusher/clean up-- Fast LB/SS. Pettine put out some dime and dollar defense last year. We will pick another safety too.

114 Double dip at edge. Joe Jackson is my guy. Unathletic but perfect build, healthy, naturally strong. My Kampman pick. Because of try hard he can be a better Z'Smith and be a ten year team leader.

118 Damien Harris why? Only because I wanted his teammate. But Harris will get the yards. Good vision. He can play pass pro. We badly need a third competent RB if we want to seriously run and take pressure off AR. Injury insurance mainly. Harris is my second favorite back for GB. I think he's better than Williams. We could move up for him too. Alt Ozigbo -- just like his all round game better than others. Again, he'll get enough yards. Jones is the star.

150 Renfrow. We've had seven in the WR room before and I don't think Allison is guaranteed. J'Mon Moore I really hope works out. I'm rooting for him because he's a K'Neal Harry type, big slot. But Renfrow is the best hands. Better than JJAW. And gives us another matchup nightmare. He's situational for particular teams. He is a safety valve. Smartest guy in the room. Day one starter, but again just another chess piece.

The rest -- another DL and safety. Backup ilb. But UDFA works too. A good DL is most likely. But really doesn't matter. 

Recap: with more picks, we get high quality prospects on both defense and offense. "THE CUPBOARD IS EMPTY" -- Pettine. And offense is back to top 5. Line fixed or almost. These are all damn safe picks and high quality, good fits (except Wren maybe -- I need to relook at DL). I live the alts too. Isabella is way cheaper for WR. But Gute WILL SPEND capital to get the right guys, because we can for a change.

Parris Campbell

Chris Lindstrom

Banogu/ Miller

Wren (but I need to really look hard here)

Kahale Warring

Amani Hooker

Damien Harris

Joe Jackson

Renfrow

6-7 Falling guys or priority UDFA. Way too hard to predict.

Next year's draft-- only need is RT if Spriggs fails. Otherwise, BPA. 

Edited by JaireAlex