Rank these pass rushers as prospects

Hunter2_1

Can you put the following players (they're hopefully in the same/similar position on the field) in rank order specifically as prospects, coming into the NFL? 

Nick Bosa

Joey Bosa

Myles Garrett

Dante Fowler

Jadeveon Clowney 

JJ Watt. 

So, for example, whilst JJ at his peak was the best on that list, he wouldn't necessarily be the top ranked prospect out of those coming in.

Media

Myles Garrett

JaDaven Clowney

Nick Bosa

Joey Bosa

Dante Fowler

JJ Watt

My rankings:

Myles Garrett

Nick Bosa

JJ Watt

Dante Fowler

Joey Bosa

JaDaveon Clowney

I’ll admit I wasn’t high on Bosa coming out but I was higher on Watt than most people and thought Clowney was really overrated as a prospect. 

On 24/03/2019 at 8:36 PM, BayRaider said:

Media

Myles Garrett

JaDaven Clowney

Nick Bosa

Joey Bosa

Dante Fowler

JJ Watt

My rankings:

Myles Garrett

Nick Bosa

JJ Watt

Dante Fowler

Joey Bosa

JaDaveon Clowney

I’ll admit I wasn’t high on Bosa coming out but I was higher on Watt than most people and thought Clowney was really overrated as a prospect. 

Nick that higher than Joey? I thought the consensus was that their practically carbon copies? Joey slightly better combine and college production, Nick slightly faster and technical...maybe

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

1. Garrett

2. J. Bosa

3. N.Bosa

4. Clowney

5. Watt

6. Fowler

I thought Clowney was massively overhypped coming out. Garrett to me was the Luck of DEs coming out.

He was, wasn't he. Generational type talent buzz.

Where would B Chubb fit in that list? I forgot to include.

JaDeveon Clowney

JJ Watt

Myles Garrett

Joey Bosa

Dante Fowler

Nick Bosa

That's how I would have honestly graded these guys out. I was a gigantic JJ Watt fan and can honestly say I saw him demolishing the league. I loved every one of the prospects on this list including Fowler and Nick Bosa, but those two guys are not in the "can't miss" category of draft prospects that I had the other 3 in.

Bradley Chubb was not anywhere close to this list for me. I'll be honest: I had Marcus Davenport rated higher than him last season. Chubb struck me as a solid starter, not an elite player. He's already outperformed what I thought he'd do as a pass rusher.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's how I would have honestly graded these guys out. I was a gigantic JJ Watt fan and can honestly say I saw him demolishing the league. I loved every one of the prospects on this list including Fowler and Nick Bosa, but those two guys are not in the "can't miss" category of draft prospects that I had the other 3 in.

I still remember how much of an absolute monster he was in that Rose Bowl game.  The whole room I was in was crossing our fingers for Watt at 8 in that year's draft, but instead, we got future hall of famer Jake Locker.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

If we're talking about how hyped we were about them as prospects, and how we rated them at the time:

1a. Garrett

1b. Clowney

3. Watt

4. N. Bosa

5. Dante Fowler

6. J. Bosa (I just knew he was going to bust)

How exactly has he busted?

Sorry, but if you looked at a player with as technically clean of handwork (the #1 indicator of successful transition from college to the pros as a pass-rusher; genuinely, go ask an actual defensive lineman or defensive football coach) as Joey Bosa had coming out of Ohio State and thought, "That guy is for sure going to be a bust," then I really question how much you know about football.  Like really, that's just all kinds of wrong.

1. Clowney
2. Garrett
3. Nick Bosa
4. Joey Bosa
5. Dante Fowler
6. JJ Watt

I'd put Von Miller in at 2 if he was on this list. He was widely considered the BPA of the entire class in 2011, IMO. Didn't have the hype that Clowney had, but it was pretty close.

Archived