Russell Wilson - NFL's First $40 Million Per Player?

showtime

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023933/article/russell-wilsons-contract-conundrum-dont-overlook-drew-lock

Personally, I don't see any way the Seahawks let him leave.  A lot of trade speculation is happening because a lot of fans on the outside think that the Seahawks don't want to pay their players.  Absolute worse case scenario would be Wilson gets franchise tagged in 2020 and then a long term deal is worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that wilson has imposed a deadline of April 15th to get a new deal done. Why he arbitrarily chose tax day as his cut off date, I will never know. 

Sounds like he might hold out, which would be incredible news to hear as a niners fan

17 hours ago, N4L said:

I read that wilson has imposed a deadline of April 15th to get a new deal done. Why he arbitrarily chose tax day as his cut off date, I will never know. 

Sounds like he might hold out, which would be incredible news to hear as a niners fan

He already said he won't be holding out.  He won't even miss voluntary workouts.  He just set that date so that he can go into the season without any distractions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/03/russell-wilson-wont-hold-out-or-skip-voluntary-workouts/

I get it with these guys wanting to get paid properly but when is enough, enough? Some of these QBs need to take a page from Brady and get theirs but not too much where you can't put out a proper team around him. These QBs are way too greedy and I can't take pity on them when they don't win a lot after they get paid. It's not sustainable IMO.

14 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I get it with these guys wanting to get paid properly but when is enough, enough? Some of these QBs need to take a page from Brady and get theirs but not too much where you can't put out a proper team around him. These QBs are way too greedy and I can't take pity on them when they don't win a lot after they get paid. It's not sustainable IMO.

Take a page from Brady?  His wife has a higher net worth than he does.  How many other superstar athletes can say something like that?

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Take a page from Brady?  His wife has a higher net worth than he does.  How many other superstar athletes can say something like that?

Who cares??? Even if these dudes didn't have a rich *** wife if they took 15 or 20 mil a year you don't think that's great money for anyone in this planet???

8 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Who cares??? Even if these dudes didn't have a rich *** wife if they took 15 or 20 mil a year you don't think that's great money for anyone in this planet???

Yea, it is great money, but why not take more money?  Nobody else in other professions take less money, so why should an athlete.  Especially since their career's are over very early in their lives.  Most pros are out of their sport in the 20's or 30's.  Most people in other jobs aren't even in their prime years during those ages.

Think about your career being over at 33 years of age and most athletes not being able to do much of anything else afterward.  You need to make as much money as possible to save and invest.

The thing about Tom Brady is, even if he literally took $0 from the Patriots, his family would still have a net worth of nearly $200 million dollars thanks to his wife.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Yea, it is great money, but why not take more money?  Nobody else in other professions take less money, so why should an athlete.  Especially since their career's are over very early in their lives.  Most pros are out of their sport in the 20's or 30's.  Most people in other jobs aren't even in their prime years during those ages.

Think about your career being over at 33 years of age and most athletes not being able to do much of anything else afterward.  You need to make as much money as possible to save and invest.

The thing about Tom Brady is, even if he literally took $0 from the Patriots, his family would still have a net worth of nearly $200 million dollars thanks to his wife.

I get all that but isn't the game about winning too? If you take too much money the rest of the team suffers. 

20 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I get all that but isn't the game about winning too? If you take too much money the rest of the team suffers. 

I don't know.  There are plenty of athletes who want to win and some who want money.  You're a 49er fan, right?  Look at how much they paid a QB who has proven damn near nothing as a pro player.  But if some team is willing to pay that money, why would Jimmy G take less?  Then you look at a guy like Russell Wilson - someone who actually is a top QB in the league.  He's earned the right to be paid a mega contract and he's already won a SB.

Who knows, though.  Maybe Wilson doesn't take a absolute max deal.  Hard to tell what will happen.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't know.  There are plenty of athletes who want to win and some who want money.  You're a 49er fan, right?  Look at how much they paid a QB who has proven damn near nothing as a pro player.  But if some team is willing to pay that money, why would Jimmy G take less?  Then you look at a guy like Russell Wilson - someone who actually is a top QB in the league.  He's earned the right to be paid a mega contract and he's already won a SB.

Who knows, though.  Maybe Wilson doesn't take a absolute max deal.  Hard to tell what will happen.

Yeah maybe he figures it's time to max out since he's already won a ring.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:38 PM, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

The only reason i can't get to upset is they do beat up there bodys in football and injuries that can even be chronic.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, showtime said:

Russell Wilson? Lol Ciara has been making millions for YEARS

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Russell Wilson? Lol Ciara has been making millions for YEARS

Ciara been washed for like a decade bro.  She was really popular like in 2003/2004.  Her net worth is reportedly around $20 million.

I get what you're saying, but it's nowhere near the same.  Gisele Bundchen has been legendary for about two decades now.  Russell Wilson is easily the bread winner in that family.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Ciara been washed for like a decade bro.  She was really popular like in 2003/2004.  Her net worth is reportedly around $20 million.

I get what you're saying, but it's nowhere near the same.  Gisele Bundchen has been legendary for about two decades now.  Russell Wilson is easily the bread winner in that family.

Yeah that's nothing compared to Giseles networth which is reportedly 320-400M.

Archived