goldfishwars

Gronk Retires

2 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Gronk's absolute peak was the GOAT TE but longevity keeps him from definitely giving him that title.

Let's give it to him though. Too bad he had to go, but if anything it's good to know his last catch was the one it was.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would be a great fit, and the cost would be pretty minor given his salary and current role with the Bucs.  I think that's a great move for the Pats. 

Something like Brate and 217 (7.1) for 135 (4.32) would probably get it done.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Something like Brate and 217 (7.1) for 135 (4.32) would probably get it done.

I think that's a good, solid deal. And we know that they will make moves like that - they gave up the late third last year for Trent Brown during the draft. They'd get way more value from Brate than a late 4 in my opinion, especially in a win now situation, so it should appeal to them. 

When he was healthy he was fun to watch. Kinda bummed he’s hanging it up at 29

Crazy, I know he has talked about it for awhile, but I figured he would play until Tom was finished.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Pretty wild Gronk is done before Gates

All about passion. Gates obviously loves the game more so than most individuals. 

I’m not saying Grono wasn’t passionate about football but retiring early is usually either 1) Not as passionate as others 2) Worried about life long injuries

If he stays in football as a coach or broadcaster then I won’t question his passion for the sport. 

Buffalo Native. Used to like the guy a lot and obviously a HOF player. After the Tre White incident i lost a lot of respect for him though.

Just now, BayRaider said:

All about passion. Gates obviously loves the game more so than most individuals. 

I’m not saying Grono wasn’t passionate about football but retiring early is usually either 1) Not as passionate as others 2) Worried about life long injuries

If he stays in football as a coach or broadcaster then I won’t question his passion for the sport. 

Might be the worst take I've seen on this board. xD

Impossible to defend in his prime. Figure this was coming sooner.