Minute Mock 2019 v1

minutemancl

First Minute Mock of 2019. Going to do the first 4 rounds. 

Picks 1-5 in order:

1. Cardinals select Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

2. 49ers select Quinnen Williams, DL Alabama

3. Jets select Josh Allen, EDGE Kentucky

4. Raiders select Nick Bosa, EDGE Ohio State

5. Buccaneers select Devin White, LB LSU

Round 1, 6th overall: Giants select Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

Simply the best available player on my board for us. I think the Giants are doing their due diligence on all the QBs, but I'm still of the belief that Haskins is an excellent fit for what Shurmur looks for. It is past time for the Giants to look for a successor for Eli. Haskins has the most important aspect a franchise QB needs- intelligence. 

Round 1, 17th overall: Giants select Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

Giants are in an unenviable situation where their 3 biggest needs are the most important positions in football- QB, OL, and EDGE rusher. Unfortunately, we can only address 2 of those in the first round as we only have 2 first round picks. By pick 17, a lot of the top tier EDGE guys will be gone. In addition to the guys gone in the top 5, expect Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, and Rashan Gary gone by this time. If we are looking for a pass rusher, Clelin Ferrell will most likely be the best available. Comparing Jonah Williams and Clelin Ferrell as prospects is no contest to me. Jonah Williams is going to be a very good tackle for a very long time. Williams is an instant starter on the right side and will eventually replace Solder on the left. Solder-Hernandez-Halapio-Zeitler-Williams is an actual NFL offensive line. 

Round 2, 37th overall: Giants select Jachai Polite, EDGE Florida

Giants benefit from Polite's notoriously bad combine as he falls to 37. Gettleman is a huge tape guy, and the tape doesn't lie. Polite has arguably the best first step in this class and would be a huge upgrade in the team's ability to get to the QB. 

Round 3, 95th overall: Giants select Stanley Morgan JR, WR Nebraska

The Giants reportedly have shown a lot of interest in Morgan, and it is warranted. He adds to the receiver room as someone who can play the boundaries. 

Round 4, 108th overall: Giants select Joe Jackson, EDGE Miami

Was a tough call here between Joe Jackson and Miles Sanders. If the rumors are true and the Giants are transitioning to a run heavy offense, they will need a complement to Saquon, which Sanders would be perfect for. However, with the defense being more in need of talent, Joe Jackson is the pick here. He was the most impressive Miami DL a year ago when that defense was dominant. No doubt the Giants saw Jackson pop on film when they were looking at RJ McIntosh. 

Let me know what you think. 

2 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

With Bosa at 4 I would hope we’d consider trading up 

We'd have to overpay to get to that spot. The Raiders already have the most draft capital this year and Bosa falling to them is the best thing they could hope for after dealing Mack. Plus, I'm not sure how Bosa fits in Bettcher's defense. Josh Allen would be a better pick for us than Bosa.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

We'd have to overpay to get to that spot. The Raiders already have the most draft capital this year and Bosa falling to them is the best thing they could hope for after dealing Mack. Plus, I'm not sure how Bosa fits in Bettcher's defense. Josh Allen would be a better pick for us than Bosa.

Thinking I may bandwagon as a Raiders fan for a few years. :P

I think that offense is almost totally rebuilt, and would actually be pretty fun to watch.  Dwayne Haskins and Jonah Williams won't just produce on the field they'll be great guys off the field too.  

- Jachai Polite scares me based on how badly he's been botching the draft process, but hey, we need a pass rusher. Worth a shot at that point. 

- I don't know much about Stanley Morgan or Joe Jackson but the positions make sense to me. Don't we have two 4th rounders? 

- Kinda funny that you were thinking about Miles Sanders I was contemplating doing a mock with him in it.

Pretty much have to flood the defense with bodies with the rest of the picks and hope we find some gems. 

12 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I think that offense is almost totally rebuilt, and would actually be pretty fun to watch.  Dwayne Haskins and Jonah Williams won't just produce on the field they'll be great guys off the field too.  

- Jachai Polite scares me based on how badly he's been botching the draft process, but hey, we need a pass rusher. Worth a shot at that point. 

- I don't know much about Stanley Morgan or Joe Jackson but the positions make sense to me. Don't we have two 4th rounders? 

- Kinda funny that you were thinking about Miles Sanders I was contemplating doing a mock with him in it.

Pretty much have to flood the defense with bodies with the rest of the picks and hope we find some gems. 

You're right, we have pick 132 as well. Totally missed that. I'll add another pick later tonight.

Polite's combine comments weren't the best, but the transcripts seem way worse than it actually was. The video of the Q&A with context is much better.

Archived