Greater Tight End All-Time: Gonzo Or Gronk?

the lone star

Which Tight End Is Greater All-Time: Gonzo Or Gronk?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tight End Is Greater All-Time: Gonzo Or Gronk?

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Anyone saying it's not close is who is really wrong in this debate.

Yup. You can't be wrong in this debate. I think Tony G had a more productive and long career, but Gronk was the most difficult TE of all time to defend. I'd much rather see Tony G across from me than Gronk, but man Tony G was so good for so long with a lot less around him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Gonzalez for me. Though as has I think been proven by the other threads addressing this topic, it's a good debate. Could go either way. Anyone saying it's not close is who is really wrong in this debate.

Yep. You really can't fault anyone for picking one or the other.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, the lone star said:

So this is different from the CAREER thread. Here, I am simply just asking who do you think is greater all-time.

So who you got?

Not sure how the greatness of the player and the quality of their career are supposed to be different. "Greatness" is usually associated with your mystique, accolades, and achievements, so more or less the same as the quality of their career. 

11 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Not sure how the greatness of the player and the quality of their career are supposed to be different. "Greatness" is usually associated with your mystique, accolades, and achievements, so more or less the same as the quality of their career. 

Think of Bill Russell vs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Personally, I think Russell had the better career because of all the hardware he picked up, but KAJ is greater all-time.

You could also make the case of Terry Bradshaw vs. Aikman. Aikman is greater all-time in my book, but Bradshaw arguably had the better career.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:17 PM, FinSting said:

Scanned their stats real quick. Holy crap, in his first two seasons Gronk had 27 TD's. 

Gonzalez had 4. 

Tony also had Elvis Grbac and a non-starting Rich Gannon with Marty Ball. Gronk had Brady in a much more pass friendly offense and league.