Cravens, Doctson & Long updates

turtle28

3 hours ago, Woz said:

As much as I worry that he'll get injured again, I think Doctson needs at least a full half of playing time out there. He needs to shake the rust off.

I agree but also keep in mind that Sudfeld will be throwing him the ball, does that really mean anything for Doctson?

Just now, turtle28 said:

I agree but also keep in mind that Sudfeld will be throwing him the ball, does that really mean anything for Doctson?

It may not mean much for his performance, but just to get on the field, adrenaline pumping, get hit, etc. ... that has a bit of value. Like I said, shake the rust (and nerves) off.

On September 3, 2017 at 11:43 AM, lavar703 said:

All the talent in the world if he can stay healthy. I just don't see it happening. 

Define, "can't stay healthy?" Is, can't stay healthy = Jordan Reed type seasons in your opinion? Because, if that's what it us then he's still going to be a very productive and good to great player for us. I personally think last year was a fluke and this years hamstring was just a routine hamstring strain, just like what Crowder had. If had been the regular season and not the preseason, Doctson would have played in week 3. 

If Doctson ends up being the equivalent to Reed with injuries for his career then he's going to develop into a guy who plays 13 to 16 games a year, catches 70 plus passes a year for 1000 plus yards a year and 5 plus Tds a year. We should all be able to live with that, especially because at the time being he's the #4 option after Reed, Crowder and Pryor.

Archived