2019 NFL Draft V4

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

This. Raiders doing their due diligence.  We all know Gruden loves QBs, so we can expect him every year to be looking at them extensively, doesn't mean he's gona draft every one of them.

Also gives Gruden a detailed scouting report if one of them goes to Denver. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I keep seeing this in mock drafts, But I don't understand it. The Raiders Have to NT's Under contract, Why add another with an early pick?

Lawrence I could see falling to the Early-Mid 2nd. NTs just rarely go in the 1st anymore. Even though I think Lawrence is going to be an absolute stud. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I keep seeing this in mock drafts, But I don't understand it. The Raiders Have to NT's Under contract, Why add another with an early pick?

Agreed, don’t understand it. Good place to get some depth at CB, WR, LB or RB for me.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Some of the worst athletic testing for an edge player ever. Just okay film. Offield questions. Day three all the way.

He is not a second round talent. No second round talent runs in eight seconds to Three cone lol

You said the exact same thing last year after Orlando Brown's combine, I said the kid was still a 1st round pick. The Ravens got an OT who didn't give up a single sack, and we got Brandon Parker. I like to base my evaluation on field of play not on watching players run around in shorts!

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ferguson is one of the worst athletes at edge in the history of the draft. 

The major concern to note is that Ferguson had a time of 8.08 in the three-cone drill which is woefully bad. It took him multiple attempts to get through the drill without slipping, that is where the flexibility concerns come in. 

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You said the exact same thing last year after Orlando Brown's combine, I said the kid was still a 1st round pick. The Ravens got an OT who didn't give up a single sack, and we got Brandon Parker. I like to base my evaluation on field of play not on watching players run around in shorts!

I learned my lesson last year on Orlando he was my #1 olineman until the combine then I switched to Wynn 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Johnathan Hankins and Justin Ellis are under contract until 2020 and Ellis has no guarantees in 2020. They are 28ish years old each.  Dexter Lawrence is 21 and one of the blue chip prospects in the draft. Ellis started one game and played in 6 last year with foot injuries. PJ Hall also had foot injuries. We have Hurst and Hankins and two guys off injury and maybe Vanderdoes. Dexter Lawrence is 340 and runs sub 5 40 yard dash and has game play that says blue chip talent (after his freshman year remember the he'll be in the mix for #1 overall?). You don't pass that in my opinion. He should be in play in the top ten, but the hype isn't there. I'll be upset when we pass and he ends up on SD of KC.

If we passed on one of the three I mocked, I'd pass on Fant for a CB. No way would I give up Lawrence (unless there was a fall from someone unexpected) if he was available at 24.

Archived