The Aggressive Mock Draft

WindyCity

If we see Mike Davis as little niftier more versatile version of Howard I'd think it's unlikely we'd draft another back with similar traits vs one who shows some explosiveness and big play ability.  Pace and Nagy are all about adding more speed so I'd tend to focus on those backs who show at least some signs of being "home run hitters" who can score from 30-40 yards out.

This is probably the reason I've tended to favor Henderson over others but also have some doubts as to whether he'd be available at the end of round 3. But as much as I favor him I don't know if I'd be willing to make the trade Windy suggests using our 2020 #2 unless Pace is convinced Henderson is his guy and as good as any RB he may be able to get with that pick in 2020.

It is kind of a deja vu of the trade to draft Miller making it kind of ironic both players played their college ball at Memphis.  But if Henderson shows the same kind of attitude and talent Miller has I'd love to have him too.  Both know how to put points on the board.

I also have no problem taking a TE in round 3 given that this is a fairly deep class for the position and the need is there.  I just don't much about the prospects is all.  Theoretically Braunecker should be ready to handle some of what were looking for here since he's similar in size and absolutely aced his competition at his Combine.  But he's yet to show that level of receiving talent here so adding some competition makes sense if Oliver is a BPA pick.

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is just not explosion of big play to his game. He actually runs a lot like Howard. He is hard to tackle when he gets going, he is very good in the zone run on the cut back, a big play from him is 15-30 yards.

He is a good player, but I think he is the exact same scheme fit issue as Howard, but a little better receiver.

I would disagree he runs a lot like Howard...far quicker feet in the hole than Howard and better contact balance...Howard is far more of a zone runner than Montgomery.

Archived