NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hard to say. ST players have a hard time making the HOF. He reminds me alot of Brian Mitchell. All around weapon, utility knife type player filling up the stat sheet in numerous ways.

If Mitchell doesn't get in , I'd have to say no. If he does, decent to above average chance he does.

sproles is like 10x the player on offense Mitchell ever was not a good comparison. 

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I'd be actually be pissed if Devin Hester didn't make the hall. Dude practically changed how special teams works and was easily one of if not the most dominant returner to play.

agreed he should be first ballot

48 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

sproles is like 10x the player on offense Mitchell ever was not a good comparison. 

Sproles is 1/2 the ST player Mitchell was. The point. Sproles offensive numbers don't remotely qualify him as a HOF. His combined numbers might. Like Mitchell.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sproles is 1/2 the ST player Mitchell was. The point. Sproles offensive numbers don't remotely qualify him as a HOF. His combined numbers might. Like Mitchell.

mitchell didnt even play offense though like every running back on your roster had to be hurt for him to be out there. Sproles like plays every series. They aren't really close as players Sproles is better. 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:34 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Is he? Mitchell has 2 more KR TD's and 2 more PR TD's in his career, despite having 200 more PR's and almost double the KR's to his name. 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Daimonas said:

I'd be actually be pissed if Devin Hester didn't make the hall. Dude practically changed how special teams works and was easily one of if not the most dominant returner to play.

Same. I was gonna bring this up when someone mentioned ST players making the HoF. 

15 hours ago, Jlash said:

Is he? Mitchell has 2 more KR TD's and 2 more PR TD's in his career, despite having 200 more PR's and almost double the KR's to his name. 

Ones got 11,000 ST Return yds, the other 19,000. That's almost double the the production.

However given the 50 Offensive TD, Sproles is in a class of his own when combining both. Guess we'll see.

It's tough, he's probably just in the hall of the very good.

I wish the hall was more selective as is, I don't think his impact on the game was week in week out enough, as much as I really enjoy watching him.

Archived