NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Rather get Patrick Peterson if those rumors are true?

DL is fine. Especially if we get Timmy back.

Timmy wasn't that great,  aside from run d, which we're already good at. I'll take PP or Jones. Jones is younger and better than Graham.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Timmy wasn't that great,  aside from run d, which we're already good at. I'll take PP or Jones. Jones is younger and better than Graham.

Timmy I always thought forced other team Not to DBL Cox? That alone opens everything else up for BG, Long, Barnett, Bennett.

You think Jones would be fine with the massive rotations we run? Despite being the best of the bunch by a mile I still think They (Schwartz) keep the rotation status quo!

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Timmy I always thought forced other team Not to DBL Cox? That alone opens everything else up for BG, Long, Barnett, Bennett.

You think Jones would be fine with the massive rotations we run? Despite being the best of the bunch by a mile I still think They (Schwartz) keep the rotation status quo!

I remember Cox getting plenty of double and triple teams teams last year when Timmy was playing. And Timmy would get like 1 good pressure a game, maybe 2. He's mostly just a good run defender.

I think Jones is making like 18 mill this season, so i doubt he's concerned with playtime. He might even prefer it unless he just cares about stats.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I remember Cox getting plenty of double and triple teams teams last year when Timmy was playing. And Timmy would get like 1 good pressure a game, maybe 2. He's mostly just a good run defender.

I think Jones is making like 18 mill this season, so i doubt he's concerned with playtime. He might even prefer it unless he just cares about stats.

Why would you want to take on that contract number, just curious? Hell at that number we could have damn near anyone via trade Bell, Johnson, PP. You name it. 

Is DL really our biggest need/concern "right now"?

We need a DT badly.

Cox is playing something like 86% of the snaps so far on D this year. The next highest is BRex at 66%. 

We know Schwartz doesn't want to play Cox so much, unless the team is letting Cox chase personal goals like DPOY. But I doubt that.

It's definitely because we simply don't have any one who can rush the passer next to him. Ngata is useless as a pass rusher. He's good on run D, eating space and taking on blocks. Interior pass rush is crucial with how fast teams are getting the ball out of QBs' hands. Jernigan wasn't a world beater but he was at least solid both vs the run and pass. With him we could let Cox get some breath on the sidelines every now and then and not worry about our interior pass rush being just no existent. 

I really hope we trade for a DT. It may not be as sexy as trading for a WR or RB but IMO it's more important for the team.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillyvoice.com/look-ahead-eagles-2019-salary-cap/amp/

Quick look at next years cap situation. Not as bad as perceived. A lot of guys were going to move on from, nothing very surprising. Hope Howie can find some beneficial contracts for guys like Hicks and others to save a little money. 

https://overthecap.com/calculator/philadelphia-eagles/

Using the calculator, being a bit aggressive in cuts I got us to about $49 million in space.
Cut:
Foles
Peters
Bennett
Wisniewski
Maragos

June 1st Cut:
Jernigan
McLeod

Restructure:
Lane Johnson

We do have a pretty good amount of draft picks to bring in young talent, and we can sign a couple of significant players and extend Nelson. Don't know how we want to approach Darby and Graham. Those are the question marks.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/philadelphia-eagles/

Using the calculator, being a bit aggressive in cuts I got us to about $49 million in space.
Cut:
Foles
Peters
Bennett
Wisniewski
Maragos

June 1st Cut:
Jernigan
McLeod

Restructure:
Lane Johnson

We do have a pretty good amount of draft picks to bring in young talent, and we can sign a couple of significant players and extend Nelson. Don't know how we want to approach Darby and Graham. Those are the question marks.

Rather keep Darby than Graham. Though I’m not paying Darby premium money. 

Might be a bit of a down year next year with all the turnover. Re-tool and get ready for the roster post Wentz contract. 

Yea Darby would be a priority, dude has been solid with flashes of pretty good here and there, as long as he's not unrealistic in his demands lets lock him up for a bit.
He's young and we need some stability back there. Cause Malcolm is getting up there and seems like a guy who might pull a Calvin Johnson style retirement. Rodney might be a cap casualty, Sidney Jones is still proving what he is and then Jalen is Jalen.

I wonder if they let BG walk (rumors he wants PAID) and Long retires..if they go after a discounted Ziggy Ansah next year or if Timmy isn't coming back, Suh.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yea Darby would be a priority, dude has been solid with flashes of pretty good here and there, as long as he's not unrealistic in his demands lets lock him up for a bit.

Darby is going to get paid IMO he'll likely be the top CB on the market and some team out there will massively overpay for him, the same way the Titans overpaid for Malcom Butler. 

49 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Darby is going to get paid IMO he'll likely be the top CB on the market and some team out there will massively overpay for him, the same way the Titans overpaid for Malcom Butler. 

true true

I wonder if they can't swing a trade if they use that freed up money on him instead to try and head that off

Serious question. Is Shelton Gibson Dumb? I know he has hands of stone sometimes but is he not picking up the playbook ala Martavis Bryant in Oakland? I don't understand with his Speed how he hasn't taken that spot out right?

Running the wrong routes? Zero ability to block? Can't catch the clap? What?

Archived