NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Dallas getting desperate a first for Cooper?

I'm hearing a trade for Patrick Peterson? 

Or Demaryius Thomas?

If we trade for anything let it be a CB...Not sure I'd be willing to pursue the PP deal. They'd want at least a 1st and a 3rd. He's 28, he's at the apex...maybe a year or two from now we're talking about him as a safety. 

i had similar thoughts.. but he is crazy fast... maybe he lasts longer than the average corner. 

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

the eagles are 3-4 they should trade for no one. 

Should be 5-2. Got Schwartzd.

Seriously, how do you give up 4th and forever to freaking Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota (multiple times!)? 2 guys with the passing proficiency of Dak Prescott. Man I hate Schwartz. Corey Davis probably won't sniff 75 yards the rest of the season, and Schwartz made him look like prime playoff Larry Fitzgerald.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Should be 5-2. Got Schwartzd.

Seriously, how do you give up 4th and forever to freaking Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota (multiple times!)? 2 guys with the passing proficiency of Dak Prescott. Man I hate Schwartz.

karmic destiny which is why you dont waste picks 

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

karmic destiny which is why you dont waste picks 

We either waste picks on established players or we draft more bums cb's. Even if we draft DeAndre Baker or Greedy Williams, Schwartz will find a way to make them suck. I'd rather have PP since he's already as developed as he's going to get, and free of Schwartz tainting his development.

I don't think you can "waste" picks on great players. If you can make it work financially, go out and get them, and hit on your mid round picks. And don't coach like an idiot. Also, just cuz we suck this year doesn't mean PP can't help us win it next year. We'll still have Wentz and he'll be even healthier. And hopefully a new DC that won't force press man/bump and run cb's to play zone.with 10 yard cushions.

God damn I hate Schwartz.

6 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

If we're going to have the cap flexibility to add a guy like Peterson, than use that money in free agency.

This roster needs more quality players on rookie deals going forward if we're going to be successful throughout Wentz's career. 

This roster needs more quality players, period. PP would be the best CB the Eagles have had since Eric Allen. Don't wait til FA, where anyone we want can sign with potentially any other team. Go and get the guy you want now via trade if he's available, and sign solid cheap vets in FA, like we did with Long, Wis, and P Rob. and hit on our 2nd/3rd/4th rounders.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

the eagles are 3-4 they should trade for no one. 

This is the most reasonable take.

I think we're cursed at CB, haven't had a good one since Asante. Nnamdi singing makes me weary of bringing in any hyped CB. Plus at this rate we'd misuse PP just like we did with Nnamdi, and have him give 10 yard cushions. That being said, I really won't complain if we bring in a player of PP's caliber especially since he looks like he can have at least 2 more good years in him. We shouldn't, but shiny new toys is nice.

Just now, nlesthought said:

I wonder why he would prefer the Saints? Saint are on a bye right now...but its not a walk in the park with that schedule. 

Went to LSU. He’s a Ft. Lauderdale kid so maybe he wants close to home. 

give me Emmanuel Sanders signed until 2020 potential out before '19 where his number jumps to 10.2m, can play out/inside, run routes, 

or Harris also a FA in 2020 but his deal is under $8 can play outside or the slot. 

...both vets who are in there prime still putting in work

I think Roby is regressing a little...and has the 5th year option. 

Thomas is a Jeffrey clone. I see Denver getting out of that deal after this year when it balloons up to 14m  

Archived