NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

JLC gave a list of players to keep an eye on:

Quarterback: Tyrod TaylorNick Foles

Running back: Le’Veon Bell

Wide receiver: Emmanuel SandersDemaryius ThomasPierre Garcon

Defensive back: Chris Harris Jr.Bradley RobyGareon ConleyKarl JosephJanoris Jenkins, Deone Buccanon

Pass rushers: Bruce IrvinShane Ray

Linebacker: Jamie Collins

And also Golden Tate’s name has been thrown around and specifically Kelechi Osmele pertaining to the Eagles. 

Cool, think he covered all the bases

wish it was anyone but him

1 minute ago, Danger said:

There's been no NFL trade announced since the Cooper deal. There was so much smoke but so far no fire at all.

Yeah, I am starting to feel like despite there being so much trade talk that nothing of any significance is going down for any team today

Im pretty sure that the Cowboys' absurdly stupid trade has created a giant ripple effect across the league. 

GMs likely have been offered mid round picks for one of their WRs,  who is probably definitely better than Cooper, and then remember that the same moron who traded Khalil Mack is the one who pulled off the former trade.

Basically, they just saw a baffling trade go down where one moron ripped off the other, and now nobody wants to lose face by getting low value for their guy. 

I mean look at Cleveland and the Gordon trade. They traded him for a 5th round pick (and had to give up a conditional 7th) to NE. Gordon is at a similar age to Cooper, is playing just as good if not better despite being in an entirely new and complex offense...and Gordon is under contract for like 800k this year and next year for cheap as well compared to Cooper who is not only making like 13 million next year under the fifth year option but is gonna need more money in an extension. 

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's been no NFL trade announced since the Cooper deal. There was so much smoke but so far no fire at all.

yup, pretty much what media people have been saying.

Still a couple hours, but doesn't look like it'll be a busy day

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/10/30/18043518/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-kelechi-osemele-interest-raiders-offensive-tackle-guard-oakland-draft-picks

With just a few hours remaining before the NFL trade deadline expires at 4:00 PM Eastern, we now have a new rumor that indicates the Eagles are looking for offensive line help. NFL insider Jason La Canfora is reporting that Philadelphia has interest in Raiders blocker Kelechi Osemele(via BGN’s Cody Benjamin).

Please howie make this happen!!!

Osemele, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, has the ability to play at every offensive line position except center. The 29-year-old blocker is under contract through 2020 with cap hits of $10.2 million and $11.7 million. That’s not ridiculous money if the Eagles see Osemele as a future starter with Peters potentially retiring after this year.

Acquiring Osemele won’t be cheap. But depending on the price, he could be worth it. It’s definitely at least worth looking into with the Raiders in fire sale mode

No team is trading any OL.

I thought maybe it was possible, but then I did some digging. And I was wrong. ANY Offensive lineman are literally almost never traded, let alone ones that are decent.

Duane Brown was the one outlier. 

Unless you think Dennis Kelly is good I guess.

Archived