NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

Heard on the radio this morning that Dave Spadaro leaked/hinted that there will be another contract extension coming up sometime soon. Since players can't sign two contracts in one year, it won't be the FAs. Maybe Brandon Graham? He's been asking for one for a while. I can't think of any other obvious candidates.

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

Heard on the radio this morning that Dave Spadaro leaked/hinted that there will be another contract extension coming up sometime soon. Since players can't sign two contracts in one year, it won't be the FAs. Maybe Brandon Graham? He's been asking for one for a while. I can't think of any other obvious candidates.

I think Bradham would make the most sense. Still not sure I want to extend Graham on a big money deal given his age.

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

You know how you know things are so good that guys don't even care who scores, they just want to be a part of something special? When you see Blount, Ajayi and Clement run from the sideline to celebrate with the offense after Barner's TD. 

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I say give Bradham an extension, I like BG but he is up there in age and signed through next year. He won't be playing at a high level at 31. 

Barnett has shown enough so far for me to think he'll be able to fill the BG void. Plus he's got longer arms. 

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Curry is cut or traded if you really are serious about keeping Alshon and/or Bradham. 

I don't think so honestly.

Who steps in if Curry is out? He's been splitting time with Barnett, we could go that route but it's still good to have plenty of depth there. I think we can resign them both without cutting Curry. Howie can work some magic, I guarantee you. Patrick Robinson is more than likely gone.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think so honestly.

Who steps in if Curry is out? He's been splitting time with Barnett, we could go that route but it's still good to have plenty of depth there. I think we can resign them both without cutting Curry. Howie can work some magic, I guarantee you. Patrick Robinson is more than likely gone.

You got Barnett and Long and Curry is absurdly expensive. I can almost guarentee he wont be here. It just doesnt make sense.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You got Barnett and Long and Curry is absurdly expensive. I can almost guarentee he wont be here. It just doesnt make sense.

So what you want to cut all the depth we have? All 4 of our defensive ends are taking significant playing time. 

I'll bet you Curry is still here next year. Name your terms.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what you want to cut all the depth we have? All 4 of our defensive ends are taking significant playing time. 

I'll bet you Curry is still here next year. Name your terms.

You cant keep everyone. It is impossible. Eagles are 2 million OVER the cap in 2018 and Curry has an $11 million dollar cap hit. They save 6 mill buy cutting or trading him even more if they designate him a June 1st cut.

So yes, i will name terms for this bet. Itll be an avi bet. Loser wears the avi of the winner's choosing for the entire offseason. Obviously nothing that violates forum rules. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

You cant keep everyone. It is impossible. Eagles are 2 million OVER the cap in 2018 and Curry has an $11 million dollar cap hit. They save 6 mill buy cutting or trading him even more if they designate him a June 1st cut.

So yes, i will name terms for this bet. Itll be an avi bet. Loser wears the avi of the winner's choosing for the entire offseason. Obviously nothing that violates forum rules. 

The terms are that Curry remains with the team, not "whether they keep everyone"

I've already said they ain't keeping Robinson.

Archived