NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

That could change as camp unfolds. During a Monday press conference, head coach Doug Pederson suggested the team isn’t done making moves at corner.

“Well, again, it’s a position that we continue to look even outside, as we do every position, and as you know, we’re going to continue to look and try to bring in guys if we can and just create as much competition at that spot,” Pederson said in comments distributed by the team. “You know, it’s obviously a spot that we’re going to keep our eye on throughout camp. But now it gives a couple of our younger guys, you know, Jalen Mills, and guys like that, a chance to really get in here and get valuable reps."

Per Doug Pederson.

Draft pick Shelton Gibson changed his number from 80 to 18 (DGB's old number) but didn't find better results Monday. He dropped several passes, which was a problem for him during OTAs and minicamp. Pederson said he's not concerned about Gibson's drops but did admit the young WR isn't where the team or Gibson himself wants him to be.

H/T CSN Philly.

Gibson won't be around much longer if he can't figure this out. We already have a big enough issues with drops and it seems like he's just adding onto that. I know there's chatter above about him being cut in 2018 or on the PS but I can see him being gone by the end of preseason if he doesn't fix this ASAP. 

Never understood everyone's infatuation with Gibson. He has hands of stone that make Nelson Agholor look like Cris Carter. It's mind boggling to me how he can catch 50 yd bombs over the shoulder but can't track a 10yd pass right into his hands???

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

I really respect Vick. He's one of the few people who were really able to turn their life around and make a positive impact not only in football but also with the community(ies)

Yea a great example of growing and changing from your mistakes
Wish him luck

On 7/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, Kiltman said:

Yea a great example of growing and changing from your mistakes
Wish him luck

Same. I love Vick. Great example of why you should never count  out certain dudes out or write them off forever. Wish him luck to. 

Archived