NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Rams fans are incredibly cocky @BAConrad

Getting 2011 dream team vibes from their acquisitions

Same.

Theyre getting these flashy guys with out even considering how any of them will fit into the team internally. That locker room screams potential disaster to me. And not to mention that this whole "Rams defense even without Suh is gonna be elite" thing is insane.

Good for them. They have those corners. Makes no difference who you have there if you have literally only one player who can rush the passer and hes your DT. Their front 7 is basically just Brockers and Donald. 

And McVay doesnt exactly scream "Great Players Coach" to me. He might be an offensive genius, but hes what 34? Never played in the NFL. Which as we saw with Doug, can really help a coach if he knows how to use it to relate to his players.

The worst thing that an NFL team can have is an overpaid former star who still thinks hes a star (Talib). I hope to christ they sign Suh. That team would be set up for a massive disappointment of a season even more than now if they did.

A move like that, where you add a player like Suh when you already have the best player at that position in the league and havent even paid HIM yet, screams Front Office incompetence to me. Howie would never do that. He learned the Joe Banner way. 

And God forbid any of us should ever bring up our Superbowl championship. Because its not like it wasnt just 2 months ago or so. 

I cant wait to watch that team fall on their face. Their fans have made me dislike their team more than any non divisional rival in the NFC. They act like they have already won the Superbowl when they just went one and done in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Same.

Theyre getting these flashy guys with out even considering how any of them will fit into the team internally. That locker room screams potential disaster to me. And not to mention that this whole "Rams defense even without Suh is gonna be elite" thing is insane.

Good for them. They have those corners. Makes no difference who you have there if you have literally only one player who can rush the passer and hes your DT. Their front 7 is basically just Brockers and Donald. 

And McVay doesnt exactly scream "Great Players Coach" to me. He might be an offensive genius, but hes what 34? Never played in the NFL. Which as we saw with Doug, can really help a coach if he knows how to use it to relate to his players.

The worst thing that an NFL team can have is an overpaid former star who still thinks hes a star (Talib). I hope to christ they sign Suh. That team would be set up for a massive disappointment of a season even more than now if they did.

A move like that, where you add a player like Suh when you already have the best player at that position in the league and havent even paid HIM yet, screams Front Office incompetence to me. Howie would never do that. He learned the Joe Banner way. 

And God forbid any of us should ever bring up our Superbowl championship. Because its not like it wasnt just 2 months ago or so. 

I cant wait to watch that team fall on their face. Their fans have made me dislike their team more than any non divisional rival in the NFC. They act like they have already won the Superbowl when they just went one and done in the playoffs.

Great post, I agree.

There even are some parallels to the 2011 Eagles and what the Rams are doing: sign a bunch of big names in the secondary, add some pass rushers, and completely ignore the linebacker position (obviously the Rams will address this at some point). Hopefully the flop like that abysmal Juandamentals defense.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What's spurred on this recent frustration with the Rams fans? Have I missed something here?

Go check out the NFL offseason rumors thread. There’s a bunch of Rams fans pumping their team up in light of the Suh rumors 

I think some of the bad blood also stems from their general cockiness during the season. I could see Eagles-Rams being a great rivalry for years to come

3 hours ago, Danger said:

What's spurred on this recent frustration with the Rams fans? Have I missed something here?

Three things for me. One, they are militantly cocky about their team. Two, some of their fans chanting "ACL" on the subway after Wentz got injured. No, I don't care that it's only a minority of boneheaded Rams fans. Third, the fact that McVay won COTY instead of Doug.

Screw the Rams.

Archived